Autopsy vs Richmond - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Outworked and outplayed.

We have injuries but we were shocking.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions as too raw but I suspect we need a major shake up.

How that looks I'll post when ready.

Watching tonight I thought you guys really missed Troy Makepeace's run and carry off half back.
Any news on when we can expect him back?

People are calling us to bottom out well this what happens, you lose games and badly sometimes. If we end up with two top 5 picks then the Brady/ Shaw era begins.

Suck it up and stay fat because we need top picks for us to seriously challenge.

You don't think Shaw knows this? He's now throwing players around to see what they offer do the stick to their role and game plan? This sh*t take a year or two to sort out.

Yeah its rough at the moment but will be for the best in the long term.

The only sane way I can cope with the current crap.

I know I get upset with north a lot (sorry) and should be one of those supporters that can see through the fog and always remain positive but I can’t, because I genuinely don’t know when things are actually going to be better for this club that we all love.

As I’ve said before, North’s future is often speculated about when we’re down and that just adds to the stress.
At least I sense the care in your comments unlike some of the dummy spitters on this board. Not once in the last 20 years have we had a collection of young talent like CZ, Jy, Larkey, LDU, TT, Taylor, Hayden, Scott. Not once. You can throw in a couple of gun kids at the end of the year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same list and the same side who smashed St Kilda after half time, completely outplayed GWS and managed some quick goals against Hawthorn. What could have gone so badly wrong since?

I think the coaching staff have to take some blame. The team balance is way off. The whole player coach relationship seems to be wrong as well - too friendly and too nice. Team selection is a joke. The players aren’t well drilled on game plan and ball movement. That’s where coaching is important.

Worst I’ve seen in 30 odd years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the same list and the same side who smashed St Kilda after half time, completely outplayed GWS and managed some quick goals against Hawthorn. What could have gone so badly wrong since?

I think the coaching staff have to take some blame. The team balance is way off. The whole player coach relationship seems to be wrong as well - too friendly and too nice. Team selection is a joke. The players aren’t well drilled on game plan and ball movement. That’s where coaching is important.

Worst I’ve seen in 30 odd years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same list, not the same side.
Out:
Anderson
Cunnington
Ahern
Larkey
Thomas
Murphy
Zurhaar

In
Williams
Scott
Bonar
McKay
Wood
Mahony
Hayden

As others have pointed out, the one positive of our terrible injury list is it exposes how poor our list is over all.

My two cents, pros and cons

Positives

Walker forward
McKay - not beaten (except by Goldy's man) but his next development is to take some marks in preference to spoiling on every occasion. Overall, looked at the level, must stay in
LMac - at least while he was tagging Martin
Taylor (again)
Senior players - Higgins, Tarrant, Goldy, Polec all gave professional performances

Things to work on

For the second time in a couple of weeks, the match committee picked a señior player coming back from injury without first going through some match practice. This is not the medical staff - they just declare a player fit, not for what team they play for. Maj, LDU etc are doing graduated programs, but that standard does not apply to others; when you're in trouble as a group, you have to batten down the hatches and apply the rules for everyone, and they aren't at the moment

Brown - I think he should be re-signed, and talk to the contrary is silly, but at the same time, a rebuilding teams needs standards. Brown should not have been selected, regardless of the limited range of options. Clarkson, esp. in his formative years, would not put up with this.

Mahony - needs a spell. Anybody who thinks we don't miss Kayne Turner is kidding themselves

Wood - invokes the old saying about insanity being repetition and expecting a different result. Hosie must play

Pittard as defensive forward - really?

Leadership and standards

The most decisive thing that can be done at the moment is for Shaw to stop being one of the boys, and start laying down the law

North had several key stars injured.
Zurhaar is a star, amongst the others.
Don't get too disheartened, never lose faith.
After 1980, I thought Richmond would never achieve success again.
My dad went to the 1977 draw and rematch.
One of the great grand finals.
One day North will hold the premiership trophy aloft.
If anyone had told me 5 years ago that soon we'd be getting patronised by tiger supporters...!

I hear ya. I been following North for a long time and am grudgingly starting to accept the best is behind me.
Nothing can top the excitement of the 90s...we were blessed.
But we've now been largely irrelevant for 20 years and I honestly doubt I'll ever see us win another flag.
I hope I'm wrong... I'll just settle for competitive at moment, because we're not.

It could be worse

You could have lived through the excitement of the 70’s like me

It will come again

We've avoided bottoming out for the better part of five decades; something had to give eventually. It's going to be a tough couple of years as we transition this list.

We'll be back.

PS - Those going the "sack Shaws" call. Seriously?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back