Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your insights Mutineer. I have frequently found them helpful and they have often prompted me onto further independent research. Please do keep it up!!
Yes Bicks like many others appreciate your input on future draftees all year round and add to the value of coming onto big Footy unlike our sniping mate who just lurks and take pot shots at posters rather than add to discussion.

They will be strategic about it too.

If there is an opportunity to lose any player to free agency and grab Pick 2 as compensation, they will do what ever it takes to get it.

Its been 6 years since their last flag after all. :drunk:
I can't see anyone on their list worth Band 1.

seems a well argued, reasonable bit of analysis.

of course we don’t like it but it’s not like any of us knows
It's reasonable to predict us to finish bottom 5 again (I predict this as well). It's also easy analysis to predict a bottom 5 team to finish bottom 5 again the following year, especially when you don't know much about them. This is backed up by suggesting Jake Kelly and Mackay are going to be significant losses to the side. Not to mention naming a player who didn't play a game in 2021.

It's lazy, but there aren't many in the industry who put in time and effort.

I was pretty surprised when an Essendon fan at work was pretty gun-ho about Kelly's nd I think he was expecting me to be disappointed / concerned about Crows not being able to hold quality players - Thought he knew his footy better than that
A dude at my work who hates the Crows was expecting to be able to rile me up about the Kelly news and was surprised at my response.

seinfeld-kramer.gif

Rankine would be incredible. Yes I know we still need an ELITE mid (even though I'm confident we will have a group of A grade mids), but imagine being able to pair Rachele and Rankine in the forward line. These two, along with Cook, Thilthorpe, Fog and Gollant? That has the potential to be absolutely top end.

Sooner Will Day's run and carry and precise kicking to partner up with Jordan Dawson if we're chucking around 1st round draft picks willy nilly.

Doesn't his family have Hawks connections? Don't imagine him leaving anytime soon.

Sooner Will Day's run and carry and precise kicking to partner up with Jordan Dawson if we're chucking around 1st round draft picks willy nilly.
I would take him for sure, but with Dawson, Hamill, Sholl etc, I'm not sure he is a big difference maker. Rankine (to my mind) is a difference maker. This is not to downplay Day at all - I rate him highly. I just think Rankine is a match winner

Did you even read the post I replied to?

Very much on point in reference to the post I replied to.
You replied to my post first of all, with another response that was off the mark

I would take him for sure, but with Dawson, Hamill, Sholl etc, I'm not sure he is a big difference maker. Rankine (to my mind) is a difference maker. This is not to downplay Day at all - I rate him highly. I just think Rankine is a match winner
I'd be happy with all 3 TBH! And no way would I be playing Luko across half back. He would be a lead up half forward, kicking into the attacking 50m with Thilthorpe, Rachelle and Rankine down there. :p

Rankine would be incredible. Yes I know we still need an ELITE mid (even though I'm confident we will have a group of A grade mids), but imagine being able to pair Rachele and Rankine in the forward line. These two, along with Cook, Thilthorpe, Fog and Gollant? That has the potential to be absolutely top end.

would be
Potential
Etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine the player you talk about doesn’t resemble the real one and his actual achievements/performance

the real one isn’t any of the things you describe, he’s an unfulfilled talent staring into the abyss of bustville

if he doesn’t turn it around soon he’ll be struggling for offers

Rankine the player you talk about doesn’t resemble the real one and his actual achievements/performance

the real one isn’t any of the things you describe, he’s an unfulfilled talent staring into the abyss of bustville

if he doesn’t turn it around soon he’ll be struggling for offers
He just has that feel of someone who will have the penny drop and click into gear ... of course "feel" does not pay the bills ;-)

Man, I appreciate the impact all of them made for the club but at each point in their careers, none of them were ‘stalwarts’. Ralphy writing some false narratives here
Well I think Kelly was definitely a "stall wart" - every time he got the ball he'd stall and became an ugly pus-filled wart upon the team's collective backside!

Ive still got my doubts on him, always have.
Would be interested in opinions of how his highlights package compares/contrasts to Rachele.

He was elite at junior level and played against players that were elite too in some of those SA v VIC and Allies games.

I think as the 4th or 5th best forward in our team, he could cause a lot of problems for the opposition. Much like how Charlie benefited being in our team back in the day.

He might not end up elite, but I do think he could be a good player for us. I still hope we get him. He should still come relatively cheap.

Use the 2022 first rounder on best mid available and trade our 2023 first rounder to gold coast and their 3rd for Rankine. Hopefully we are in the top 8 in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back