List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit.

I also can’t wait to go to the test via KFC having bought a sunhat at getaway outdoors driving in my ford ranger, insured by aami that I paid directly from my anz account at Karrinyup shopping centre.

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

“A”Fl journalists be like:

The Victorian Pulse of Australian Football Australian football, the pride of Victoria, thrives in the heart of this state, with every kick and mark resonating with Victoria’s sporting spirit. Victoria’s landscape is dotted with ovals where the thud of the football is a familiar sound, a testament to Victoria’s unwavering commitment to the game.

The whispers of trade winds are swirling around Harley Reid, Victoria’s own prodigious talent, with speculation mounting about his future in a Victorian team. In Victoria, the game is more than a pastime; it’s a tradition woven into the state’s identity, with Victoria’s history rich with football legends. Victoria’s fans are as passionate as they come, living and breathing every play, their loyalty as steadfast as the state’s love for the sport.

As for Harley Reid, the young star’s future is a hot topic in Victoria, with fans eagerly discussing which Victorian team will have the honor of welcoming him. The Victorian Australian Football League, the precursor to the AFL, laid the foundation for the sport in Victoria, a legacy that continues to shape the game. Victoria’s contribution to Australian football is immeasurable, with the state producing some of the finest talents the sport has seen.

Amidst this rich heritage, Harley Reid’s potential move has become a focal point in Victoria, with every Victorian team vying for the chance to add his skills to their roster. Victoria’s stadiums, hallowed grounds of the sport, stand as monuments to the state’s dedication to Australian football. The roar of the crowds in Victoria’s arenas is a clear indication of the state’s deep connection with the game.

Speculation is rife in Victoria that Harley Reid, whose talent has captured the attention of the entire state, might soon grace one of these iconic Victorian stadiums. The development programs in Victoria are second to none, nurturing young talent and ensuring the state remains at the forefront of Australian football. Victoria’s commitment to fostering future stars is evident in the quality of players it produces.

The question on everyone’s lips in Victoria is not if, but where Harley Reid will continue his promising career within the state. Victoria’s local clubs are the lifeblood of the sport, with community and football intertwined in the fabric of the state. These clubs in Victoria are where dreams are born, and legends are made. The anticipation is palpable in Victoria as discussions about Harley Reid’s trade to a Victorian team continue to gain momentum.

In conclusion, Victoria’s essence is captured in the spirit of Australian football, a sport that unites and inspires the state. The future of the game in Victoria looks bright, especially with the prospect of Harley Reid joining the ranks of a Victorian team. As the speculation continues, one thing is certain: wherever Harley Reid ends up in Victoria, he will be a valuable addition to the state’s illustrious football narrative.

“A”Fl journalists be like:

The Victorian Pulse of Australian Football Australian football, the pride of Victoria, thrives in the heart of this state, with every kick and mark resonating with Victoria’s sporting spirit. Victoria’s landscape is dotted with ovals where the thud of the football is a familiar sound, a testament to Victoria’s unwavering commitment to the game.

The whispers of trade winds are swirling around Harley Reid, Victoria’s own prodigious talent, with speculation mounting about his future in a Victorian team. In Victoria, the game is more than a pastime; it’s a tradition woven into the state’s identity, with Victoria’s history rich with football legends. Victoria’s fans are as passionate as they come, living and breathing every play, their loyalty as steadfast as the state’s love for the sport.

As for Harley Reid, the young star’s future is a hot topic in Victoria, with fans eagerly discussing which Victorian team will have the honor of welcoming him. The Victorian Australian Football League, the precursor to the AFL, laid the foundation for the sport in Victoria, a legacy that continues to shape the game. Victoria’s contribution to Australian football is immeasurable, with the state producing some of the finest talents the sport has seen.

Amidst this rich heritage, Harley Reid’s potential move has become a focal point in Victoria, with every Victorian team vying for the chance to add his skills to their roster. Victoria’s stadiums, hallowed grounds of the sport, stand as monuments to the state’s dedication to Australian football. The roar of the crowds in Victoria’s arenas is a clear indication of the state’s deep connection with the game.

Speculation is rife in Victoria that Harley Reid, whose talent has captured the attention of the entire state, might soon grace one of these iconic Victorian stadiums. The development programs in Victoria are second to none, nurturing young talent and ensuring the state remains at the forefront of Australian football. Victoria’s commitment to fostering future stars is evident in the quality of players it produces.

The question on everyone’s lips in Victoria is not if, but where Harley Reid will continue his promising career within the state. Victoria’s local clubs are the lifeblood of the sport, with community and football intertwined in the fabric of the state. These clubs in Victoria are where dreams are born, and legends are made. The anticipation is palpable in Victoria as discussions about Harley Reid’s trade to a Victorian team continue to gain momentum.

In conclusion, Victoria’s essence is captured in the spirit of Australian football, a sport that unites and inspires the state. The future of the game in Victoria looks bright, especially with the prospect of Harley Reid joining the ranks of a Victorian team. As the speculation continues, one thing is certain: wherever Harley Reid ends up in Victoria, he will be a valuable addition to the state’s illustrious football narrative.
Seems a bit balanced from a Victorian perspective, tbh.

“I’ve loved my time there so far, it’s so exciting, we’re one of the youngest groups in the AFL, if not the youngest.

“We’re in a good phase, we’re building, we’re restructuring everything and I’m keen to be part of the journey that lies ahead in the west.”

“Simmo’s good, he just let’s me be me and go out there and play my natural game, but it will come later down the track where he thinks I’ll best suit and play my best footy within the group.

“Wherever they put me I’m happy to play, I started half-back swapping mid, and then next match sim I went mid swapping forward, so I couldn’t tell you where (I’ll play) at this time but I’m excited for what lies ahead.”

“We’re in an exciting time with the young list that we’ve got, to be a part of that, and to just make myself a better player and person as I go along for the ride.”

‘I’m keen to be a part of the journey’: Reid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see why the recruiters fell in love with his mentality. Add his ability I don’t think we were ever shifting from pick one

I think it goes to show how little idea the media types over there had of him all year about apparently not wanting to come over. He makes them look like bigger clowns the more interviews he does.

All year long he insisted he was willing to come over, but still those flogs persisted, going so far as to say he was willing to tamper the draft to 'stay home'. What a joke the talking heads over there are.

I think it goes to show how little idea the media types over there had of him all year about apparently not wanting to come over. He makes them look like bigger clowns the more interviews he does.

All year long he insisted he was willing to come over, but still those flogs persisted, going so far as to say he was willing to tamper the draft to 'stay home'. What a joke the talking heads over there are.
20240113225435.jpg

Hi guys, you might like some of this content on Harley just published on Youtube.
Ticked off that I wasn't able to complete any documentary work with Harley last year myself.
In discussions with the Pioneers to hopefully do some video content this year, but there's a lot of hoops to jump through to make it happen.

Hello Eagles , how did harley go in a 2km timetrial?
Just wondering how much midfield he plays in 2024.
Would 60% back, 20% mid, 20% bench be a good guess of what he does?

Hello Eagles , how did harley go in a 2km timetrial?
Just wondering how much midfield he plays in 2024.
Would 60% back, 20% mid, 20% bench be a good guess of what he does?

I don't know much about his time trial performance, but they did a match sim yesterday and what was reported he started with the backline off half back and moved into the middle for a bit, so yeah, half back with midfield spurts seems like it'll be his go to start the season

Shuey on the Harleywagon

Former West Coast captain turned assistant coach Luke Shuey has already been left impressed by top draftee Harley Reid, saying he can back up the hype.
The premiership star said Reid had shown he was not just a big teenager who dominated at junior level, having brought his impressive physicality to his early life as an AFL star.
All eyes have been on the No.1 draftee this pre-season after he headed west, with the Eagles’ faithful hoping he will be part of their fifth premiership before too long.
Reid was unleashed across half back at during match simulation on Friday after coach Adam Simpson revealed he’d play a mix of defence and on the ball in his maiden season.
It didn’t take long for Reid to get in on the action, finding plenty of the ball and easing his way through traffic out of defence.

Reid them moved into the midfield, where the Tongala teenager showcased his strength against some of his bigger bodied teammates, a trait that had not gone unnoticed by Shuey.
“I didn’t watch a lot of his stuff until we drafted him and watching it you can probably fall into the trap of thinking he’s just a bigger kid than most who can throw his weight around,” Shuey told The West Australian.
“But then he comes into our environment and he’s doing it here too. He can certainly back up all the external talk.
“At the same time, he’s treated like all the others. We want to make this place an absolute home and sanctuary for him. He’s 18, moved away from home, just loves his footy and wants to play his footy.”
Reid will be unleashed onto the AFL across half-back, following in the footsteps of the previous two players to win the Rising Star Award in Nick Daicos and Harry Sheezel.

It is set to give the Victorian-native the freedom to showcase his skills, something Shuey said the Eagles were looking to encourage all their youngsters.
“I’m sure if we give them room to express their attributes, play on instinct and not over think it they’re going to show us what they can do,” Shuey said.
“And carry the club forward, so it’s exciting.”
Shuey has an important role to play in his new role as the stoppage and structures coach, but also with the likes of Reid and Harvey Johnston who have left their family and friends interstate to play footy in WA.
The Norm Smith medallist can relate to their experiences, having done it himself when he was selected by West Coast with pick 18 in 2008.

“It’s part of your role. You’ve got to make these kids feel as comfortable and give them as much stability as you can off the field and in their life so that they can come to the club and not have to stress about anything but being here and getting the best out of themselves,” he said.
“We’re given players to mentor as coaches and most of my boys are interstate boys as well, so that’s worked out well.
“They’re a tight group. I know when I moved over, you have 15 or 16 blokes around your age who are close and all having fun together it can feel like home pretty quick. I can see a lot of resemblance here with these boys.”

Not sure if the whole "Reid unleashed across half back" thing is going to work.

The expectation he's going to replicate Sheezel and Daicos in the backline is an odd one, i feel like Reid is a lower possession impact player and nothing like those other two. Daicos in particular is a reknown chip scab, so the half back debut season worked perfectly for him to run around accumulating touches at will. Sheezel did the same, which surprised me given how well he went playing in the forward line.

I get the idea with Harley, and i understand he's played in the backline before to reasonable success.. i just don't think we've got that kind of uncontested accumulating player. We've got the Cam Rayner/Dusty type. Be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure if the whole "Reid unleashed across half back" thing is going to work.

The expectation he's going to replicate Sheezel and Daicos in the backline is an odd one, i feel like Reid is a lower possession impact player and nothing like those other two. Daicos in particular is a reknown chip scab, so the half back debut season worked perfectly for him to run around accumulating touches at will. Sheezel did the same, which surprised me given how well he went playing in the forward line.

I get the idea with Harley, and i understand he's played in the backline before to reasonable success.. i just don't think we've got that kind of uncontested accumulating player. We've got the Cam Rayner/Dusty type. Be interesting to see what happens.

He will definitely be different type to those guys - but i actually think he will be a better half back i.e., will be a better defender as he's strong in the contest and the air. He probably wont be as good at floating around for cheapies like Sheezel in particular who is a massive seagull but we all know that is just stat padding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back