List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

$1.3M +

I understand he looks to fulfil every bit of potential but is it wise to just open the cheque book?

It just seems high to me for right now, 18 months from now it could be a bargain...guess we'll wait and see. What is JHF on?

You’re thinking it 2022 dollars.

Any deal Harley signs won’t kick in until 2027.

The cap will increase by 30% between 2023 and 2027, plus whatever the new CBA ends up being.

Think about what you think his worth is and then add a minimum 30% to it.

That’s 2027 dollars.

You’re thinking it 2022 dollars.

Any deal Harley signs won’t kick in until 2027.

The cap will increase by 30% between 2023 and 2027, plus whatever the new CBA ends up being.

Think about what you think his worth is and then add a minimum 30% to it.

That’s 2027 dollars.

Here's what you're saying in picture form:

Screenshot_20240410_140837_Chrome.jpg

Here's what you're saying in picture form:

View attachment 1955433

I didn’t realise Harley was 26 signing a long term deal for free agency?

He’ll be 21 when he comes out of contract. Other clubs will be putting forward massive 10-11 year deals.

I don’t think his first extension will be a long term one.

Call and Riley were saying in 3 years time there will be 60 AFL players earning 1 million+

Do we expect Harley to be in the top 60 of the competition heading into his fourth year?

If so, then that’s what the deal will be looking like.

$1.3M +

I understand he looks to fulfil every bit of potential but is it wise to just open the cheque book?

It just seems high to me for right now, 18 months from now it could be a bargain...guess we'll wait and see. What is JHF on?
With the CBA cap rises and based on the start to his career if we can get Harley for $1.3m a year for the rest of his career yes I’d do it as long as once he hits 30 there is a minimum games clause. So much water to go under the bridge it’s not funny though.

JHF I believe is on $800k a year for 6 years. Port got the deal of a lifetime in that f**king “mega trade”. Should have just done the Rioli deal separately and actually got what he was worth.

Definitely not referring that Harley will be on $1.3M for the rest of his career.

I mean 850k to carry through to the next three years on top of his conditional three years (x6 years). And then he should be worth every penny of 2.0, 2.2 or even 2.5M from year 6 to 10.

If he already becomes a million dollar man then, I assume we wont be seeing any benefit with Darling, Gaff .etc walking off the list. Clarkey will have his work cut out for him.

The comparison will be JHF and Daicos.

I wasnt suggesting they all are guns. More so that they are all massive units.

And I forgot Hall, another 190cm mid.

Ried, Ginbey, Hewett, Hall, Culley plus Yeo and Chesser. They are all big units for mids.

Thats 7 mids all who are big bodied.

Which leads into who do we target this draft? And future trade periods.

If Warner ever came across we start looking huge.

Feel we will be targeting FOS, Jagga Smith or Draper this draft. More balanced running mids who can kick and rack up numbers being fed by the bigger mids.
Yep, we need more speed! A bit light on there..
Wonder what type player/position we go for in the MSD?

Definitely not referring that Harley will be on $1.3M for the rest of his career.

I mean 850k to carry through to the next three years on top of his conditional three years (x6 years). And then he should be worth every penny of 2.0, 2.2 or even 2.5M from year 6 to 10.

If he already becomes a million dollar man then, I assume we wont be seeing any benefit with Darling, Gaff .etc walking off the list. Clarkey will have his work cut out for him.

The comparison will be JHF and Daicos.
👍 yep what I’m saying is for Harley’s next deal at end of 2026 is there will be offers of $1.3/year even for 3 years from vic teams so we’re going to have to match that unless Harley is as good of a bloke as he seems and puts the team above the cash.

In the meantime I’m just going to enjoy watching this excitement machine light up Optus for 3 years before worrying about his next contract. Been following his progress for a couple of years and still can’t believe we finished 18th and drafted him.

Vic clubs will be offering $1.3m+ for as many years as he wants. Harley can write his own cheque.
Fair to say, all going well, he'll be writing his own destiny over the next 2 seasons.
Must be pretty exciting for a young guy to know there's truckloads of money heading his way...all he has to do is do what he loves doing!

Fair to say, all going well, he'll be writing his own destiny over the next 2 seasons.
Must be pretty exciting for a young guy to know there's truckloads of money heading his way...all he has to do is do what he loves doing!
Exactly. He’s a great kid and a supremely talented footballer. World at his feet, just needs to have the right people around him in the right environment.

Anyone else hear Kelly underwood say after Harley’s goal , something along the lines of he grabbed the jumper meaning he’ll do his 2 years and then go back to Victoria. Bit cheeky😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fap away lads

Check out this by line as well.

"West Coast Eagles young gun Harley Reid has declared his mission to take the club back to the glory days. #7NEWS"

You know what I appreciate about Harley? It's not his play, or that he's a nice bloke..it's that his jorts and jeans fashion is straight out of the early to mid 2000's, and as someone who's in their mid 30's and was in deep in the throws of that fashion I have deep respect for it

West Coast No.1 draftee Harley Reid reveals first goal celebration was to tell everyone ‘I’m staying around’​

Harley Reid has revealed his stunning goal celebration against Sydney was a message that he’s in it for the long-haul at West Coast and has no intentions of returning to Victoria anytime soon.

Speaking to 7News, Reid said the tug of the jumper and the pure emotion displayed after he snapped the goal on his left boot during the first quarter of the Mt Barker clash was a signal that he wants to be part of the club’s long-term rebuild — a message that will leave the 10 Victorian teams shattered.

“It (the celebration) was just to show that I’m not here individually, I’m here to play for the team. I’m here to play for the group and I’m here to play for the club,” Reid said speaking at an event for Tempur.

“There’s such a great history behind the club and it’s such a great club and it’s done so much for me early days and just the grab of it (the jumper) was just to show that I’m staying around to hopefully bring this club back to where it should be.”

The No.1 draftee has already left his mark on the side in his first four games, but his performance against Sydney stunned, with the midfielder breaking seven tackles – just one shy of the AFL record.

It is a show of confidence that Reid is not apologising for, saying he is happy to play with “swagger”.
“I love to go out there and play with confidence. I try not to take a step back and play with swagger,” he said.

“That’s something that I brought into myself since I started is to play with swagger because I feel if I play with swagger, I play my best footy.”

Reid and the Eagles will take on Richmond at Optus Stadium this Sunday in the first meeting between the teenage sensation and the man he’s been compared to for the better part of two years – Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin.

“Dusty is huge. He’s one of the game’s greats so if I am running out there and matching up on him it’s going to be surreal,” Reid said.

The Eagles head into the clash against the Tigers with a chance to break their four-game losing streak to start the season.
A strong showing against the Swans – who belted them by 171 points last season – has given fans hope the team is heading in the right direction.

Reid revealed it was a players’ only meeting after their loss to the Western Bulldogs in round three where some hard truths were told that sparked their solid outing against one of the premiership favourites.

“After the game there was no coaches involved it was just all us players and it was a hard conversation as a whole but I think we needed it,” Reid said.

“It brought us all close together and we’re knocking on the door for our first win this year and I think it’s not far away.”

Sam McClure right now:
200.gif

West Coast No.1 draftee Harley Reid reveals first goal celebration was to tell everyone ‘I’m staying around’​

Harley Reid has revealed his stunning goal celebration against Sydney was a message that he’s in it for the long-haul at West Coast and has no intentions of returning to Victoria anytime soon.

Speaking to 7News, Reid said the tug of the jumper and the pure emotion displayed after he snapped the goal on his left boot during the first quarter of the Mt Barker clash was a signal that he wants to be part of the club’s long-term rebuild — a message that will leave the 10 Victorian teams shattered.

“It (the celebration) was just to show that I’m not here individually, I’m here to play for the team. I’m here to play for the group and I’m here to play for the club,” Reid said speaking at an event for Tempur.

“There’s such a great history behind the club and it’s such a great club and it’s done so much for me early days and just the grab of it (the jumper) was just to show that I’m staying around to hopefully bring this club back to where it should be.”

The No.1 draftee has already left his mark on the side in his first four games, but his performance against Sydney stunned, with the midfielder breaking seven tackles – just one shy of the AFL record.

It is a show of confidence that Reid is not apologising for, saying he is happy to play with “swagger”.
“I love to go out there and play with confidence. I try not to take a step back and play with swagger,” he said.

“That’s something that I brought into myself since I started is to play with swagger because I feel if I play with swagger, I play my best footy.”

Reid and the Eagles will take on Richmond at Optus Stadium this Sunday in the first meeting between the teenage sensation and the man he’s been compared to for the better part of two years – Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin.

“Dusty is huge. He’s one of the game’s greats so if I am running out there and matching up on him it’s going to be surreal,” Reid said.

The Eagles head into the clash against the Tigers with a chance to break their four-game losing streak to start the season.
A strong showing against the Swans – who belted them by 171 points last season – has given fans hope the team is heading in the right direction.

Reid revealed it was a players’ only meeting after their loss to the Western Bulldogs in round three where some hard truths were told that sparked their solid outing against one of the premiership favourites.

“After the game there was no coaches involved it was just all us players and it was a hard conversation as a whole but I think we needed it,” Reid said.

“It brought us all close together and we’re knocking on the door for our first win this year and I think it’s not far away.”

1712751383157.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back