List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid is West Coast’s fourth Rising Star nominee in the past two seasons, following Ginbey, Jai Culley and Elijah Hewett’s gongs last year.
That should be a pretty good sign of things to come...

Bodes well. I remember there was a period there we were like the only team who hadn’t had a nomination in years.

Glad to see the young guys stepping up.

Majority of the players have Reid in their instagram stories, honestly looks like he’s very loved in the club. Haven’t really seen it at this type of level for another recruit tbh. I genuinely believe he’s brought a massive spark into the group and the vibe seems way different than it was last year
I think the framework was laid with Longy, Ginbey, Hewett, Houghy and Bazzo. Those guys came in and quickly took over the joint, meeting new recruits at the airport, bringing a positive vibe the place and that kind of thing is infectious. Bringing this current group in including Reid has only pushed that even further.

I'd rate it if we did a community camp in Tongala

Massive * you to the Vic clubs
I think we should be visiting every country draftee’s home town each year. Embed the support in the community, give a $20k donation to the local footy club that produced the kid to improve their facilities and boost morale. Every kid in Tongala should be in an Eagles Jersey.

Pyke has been first class with community and fan engagement since he took over compared to Nissy, engaging with smaller country clubs will create goodwill and hopefully help bridge the gap for the player when they head to the Eagles. Same goes for the WA, SA and TAS country kids.

Last edited:
Do you by chance know Angus Scoble or his family? They're from Tongala as well.
He debuted for the Bendigo Pioneers last weekend.
Only a mid-sized talent at 184cm but with a late December birthday he looks an extremely handy sort and wasn't out of place having 19 disposals in his first game and took the below almighty hanger.. Have been corresponding with his mother who bought some photos off me.
View attachment 1960771

Yeah he’s going to be a great player. I haven’t watched to much of him as he only just come to Tongala this year. I played with his old man tho who was a ruckman.

He was back playing at tonny this weekend and got in the best. He ran just shy of 16k for the game which is a lot more then running then I ever did. Another polite & nice family!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1960791
Looks like he's the little hotdog 🌭 😋 🤣
There's got to be a story for this one.

the footy boys / cricket boys call him hot dogs from back here in tongala.

it was something to do with Thursday night tea’s at the cricket rooms I’m pretty sure. I’ll suss out and get back to you. But I don’t think it’s much to it tbh.

I think we should be visiting every country draftee’s home town each year. Embed the support in the community, give a $20k donation to the local footy club that produced the kid to improve their facilities and boost morale. Every kid in Tongala should be in an Eagles Jersey.

Pyke has been first class with community and fan engagement since he took over compared to Nissy, engaging with smaller country clubs will create goodwill and hopefully help bridge the gap for the player when they head to the Eagles. Same goes for the WA, SA and TAS country kids.
I’d love to see that

In Ginbey's interview with Schofield after the game I believe he calls Reid "Lucius" as in Malfoy.

Schoey ignores it (as he should) as well as telling him not to refer to himself in the 3rd person.

Often forget how young these players are until you hear them speak.

But perhaps within the young group he's called Lucius?

It was so obvious at the time that north needed to pay up for Reid and offer picks 2 and 3 so we couldn't refuse.

Not for his football ability but for the excitement and buzz he'd bring to any football club. North needed this the most.

But they didn't and we are so lucky. We are the perfect club for Harley.

In Ginbey's interview with Schofield after the game I believe he calls Reid "Lucius" as in Malfoy.

Schoey ignores it (as he should) as well as telling him not to refer to himself in the 3rd person.

Often forget how young these players are until you hear them speak.

But perhaps within the young group he's called Lucius?

Running off memory so sorry if I've got the wrong part, but I believe he was talking about Waterman, who goes (self-appointedly) by 'Lushe' which is a name that no-one should have to attempt to spell, but is borrowed off Fev (the Fevolution, playing on the Lushe, etc)

That was what I picked up, anyway.

Watching the game reminded me of taking my son to watch I think it was the second mighty ducks movie. I was like it's the bash brothers.
The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back