List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to be impartial here... probably still safe to say that Rowell's first few games were more impressive than Reid's so far?

Seem to recall Rowell being near BOG in most of his games before his injury.

But even so, most impressive first year player for the Eagles in many many years
Rowell was good but he certainly didn’t burst away from packs and through tacklers like Harley.

Harley is a key established member of our midfield after 5 games. He is a freak.

I think it's something to do with Brendan Fevola, he was nicknamed the fevaloosh or something apparently.

I like the J-train personally (after Snake of course) but he needs a few more bags to live up to that moniker!

Not sure about Waterman, but can confirm that Fevola was in the habit of referring to himself in the third person as "The Fevolution" during his time in Brisbane, which often did get reduced by others to "loosh".

When do we start to worry about Geelong coming hard for Reid?

You can be 100% certain they have started the planning.
Mate every Vic club will be cumming hard for Reid....Collingwood, Carlton, Geelong, Tigers....all of them will try.

From what I've seen and heard though, he doesn't strike me as a one (contract) and done guy.

Just enjoy watching him

Rowell was good but he certainly didn’t burst away from packs and through tacklers like Harley.

Harley is a key established member of our midfield after 5 games. He is a freak.
Think you're seriously underrating Rowell's first games before he went down.

He was bursting through tackles and packs.

Nine Brownlow votes in games 2-4 in an average side pretty much tells you how good he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much more effective. He was as dominant as you’d ever see for a first year player.

Definitely not as pleasing on the eye as Harley, not many are :rainbow:

I think people are forgetting how good Rowell was before he hurt his shoulder.

What Harley did on the weekend, Rowell did 3 times in his first 4 games before getting injured in the first quarter of his 5th game.

Rowell’s debut game was pretty good but not special and then he went on a tear.

In rounds 2-4 he got 30 coaches votes & 9 Brownlow votes.

We were talking about whether he could win the rising star/brownlow double.

I think people have very short memories.

Not everyone gets to do a Cam Mackenzie and go to the club they supported as a kid.
Give it time, the vast majority of players switch their allegiance over time.
Case in point our BOG on the weekend. He supported those who shall not be named, but decided to be traded to us instead, and has a premiership to show for it.
The one stain on Yeo. It's probably why he was never made captain.

Icky.

Rowells kicking is a bit dinky floaty up and under helicopter Matt Rosa-ish.

Agree he was awesome until one of our spuds broke him.
We didn't break him, he destroyed us in the first game of the covid hub.

GC played Geelong a few weeks later and they made a big deal of talking up targeting him during the week. Selwood or Danger went out of their way to smash him and busted his shoulder.

GC played Geelong a few weeks later and they made a big deal of talking up targeting him during the week. Selwood or Danger went out of their way to smash him and busted his shoulder.
Yeah, we ****ed up his knee the second time around, not the first.

Yeah, we ****ed up his knee the second time around, not the first.

My mistake!

Selwood or Danger went out of their way to smash him and busted his shoulder.
I don’t know if this is based on what I posted on here a while ago, but yes this is what I heard too, from one of the Geelong physios who was treating me lol

They were like - only way to stop the campaigner is to injure him

Dear Infected_virus, surely there must be at least one comment on these threads you don't agree with. Any chance I could borrow a couple of hundred even though it might take me a while to pay it back?

Yeah, I know.......:thumbsu:.

Thanks

Incidentally Harley's game on the weekend was statistically quite similar to his final game last year in the Wild Card Round against Geelong Falcons where he had 27 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 4 inside 50s and a goal.
That was one of his better games at Talent League, but it's good to see that there is no drop in form despite jumping a number of levels of magnitude in professionalism and quality. Often times even the top rated talents outputs diminish dramatically (particularly those playing roles such as inside midfielder or key forward). Or it takes them years to find their rhythm (ala Petracca), but not Harley.

I don’t know if this is based on what I posted on here a while ago, but yes this is what I heard too, from one of the Geelong physios who was treating me lol

They were like - only way to stop the campaigner is to injure him
Yep - partly of chatter I read on here and reading between the lines in comments the Geelong players made after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back