Welcome Welcome Jaeger O'Meara!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have given it up, Chief just taking a while to press the button. The crapola is not about supporting players, it's about assigning actions to me I didn't do, like I swear you don't actually read what someone says sometimes.

The ironic part being I actually agree with you that he is a bit of a scapegoat at the moment and think if people have an issue with his game yesterday it's a pretty good indication people aren't being fair but you gave me that smarmy response so as far as I'm concerned he can be dropped and never play for Freo again for all I care
Fair enough. You wrote "didn't think he was so good that it deserved a "told you so" post"
I'm not sure how I was suppose to read that, but you also added "he can be dropped and never play for Freo again".

And then question if it's player bashing. I'm a bit confused but it sounds like it to me.

As I said before, I'll continue to support the club and the players. This sort of 'support' really grinds my gears after a night where he literally won us the game.

Fair enough. You wrote "didn't think he was so good that it deserved a "told you so" post"
I'm not sure how I was suppose to read that, but you also added "he can be dropped and never play for Freo again".

And then question if it's player bashing. I'm a bit confused but it sounds like it to me.

As I said before, I'll continue to support the club and the players. This sort of 'support' really grinds my gears after a night where he literally won us the game.
The first part is a balanced take saying he was good but not THAT good and clearly in no way player bashing. The second part is clearly a joke because of our conversation and literally after you already talked about player bashing, how is it relevant to your point?

You ever watch Arrival? I swear to God from our conversations that you perceive time differently like Amy Adams in that movie

Name one actually good game he has played for Freo since he has started?
1716104273548.png

Outstanding numbers for a hhf. To put that in to perspective, Switta, Emmett and Fredeick went goaless
The first part is a balanced take saying he was good but not THAT good and clearly in no way player bashing. The second part is clearly a joke because of our conversation and literally after you already talked about player bashing, how is it relevant to your point?

You ever watch Arrival? I swear to God from our conversations that you perceive time differently like Amy Adams in that movie
I'm supporting the club and the player.

That's how it's relevant.

Pretty sure that was my point from my initial post. Anyway, as I also stated before, some people just need a whipping boy. I'm not one of them. I don't think that point has changed and I'd just be saying it in different words, so unless theres new information or something I'm missing I'm happy to leave you guys to it until he plays his next stinker. You'll all be straight on here yelling at the sky again. Nothing surer.

I think he's had a solid month, he started his season off very poorly but he's played himself into it, I can't think of anything too offensive that he's done, and I think he's fine to keep in the team for the time being, his 2 goals were crucial last night.

I think at this point O'Meara has slipped into the position of being the guy that the more hardcore fanbase will place the blame on when things go wrong, he's essentially filling the role that Ethan Hughes and Bailey Banfield have held for the past few years.

View attachment 1993900

Outstanding numbers for a hhf. To put that in to perspective, Switta, Emmett and Fredeick went goaless

Pretty sure that was my point from my initial post. Anyway, as I also stated before, some people just need a whipping boy. I'm not one of them. I don't think that point has changed and I'd just be saying it in different words, so unless theres new information or something I'm missing I'm happy to leave you guys to it until he plays his next stinker. You'll all be straight on here yelling at the sky again. Nothing surer.

Frederick was concussed duh!

Emmitt needs dropping too

View attachment 1993900

Yeah nah, your initial post is exactly the “I told you so” post basically saying he was always awesome and no criticism was ever warranted. Which in my opinion is wrong. And I’m hardly a JOM basher. 😊

we share the same belief

Think because he’s a high profile recruit and he’s shredded we expect far more. If he keeps nailing them like he did in the 4th yesterday, he’s a handy player with high footy iq.
so many of you forget he was injured in the pre season

I love how we have some of the most unexpected players step up when we feel like nobody will - that's what a team is all about

21 days ago we were all over how great Fyfe's game was, then the next minute he's being flamed

So many wanted Johnson out, but now he is improving with jLo's faith. Ryan's pass to him showed how much the seniors trust him.

What parallel universe have we entered where you can't both support the club and make criticisms of players performance?

There's been quite a bit of this "don't criticize this player" horsesh*t lately
Read the vent thread for a good laugh on two posters agreeing with each other despite having polar opposite views on everything Freo and how to use bigfooty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOM was playing on Hill yeah? I don’t think Hill was that influential so it’s fair to attribute that to JOM. I thought he was average overall, but clutch late which is what you want from your experienced players. That miss early in the last was horrendous though. Unforgivable.

2 junktime goals.

Not junk time. The scores were level at 3/4 time. If he'd kicked that goal at the 6th minute mark of the final quarter our lead would have been 8 points instead of 3 points, but his errant kick was part of the 1:6 vs 0:1 we'd kicked up until the 21st minute when O'Meara kicked his 1st goal to take the lead out to 17 points.

There were still 10 minutes of playing time after. His 2nd goal was the sealer taking the margin out to 22pts with 4 minutes left to play.

He is building into the season and is a fairly average contributor based on the last couple of games.

And we need some of that in the team at times. With our age and smaller builds in some areas. He isn't Walters who we are carrying. He won't be the difference between us winning and losing, but will play a role. And we need that.

Average, plain old good is acceptable from JOM.

I don't think we should have given him the four years and I think his position in the leadership group should be looked at next season. Apart from that we need him to continue to provide, reliable, average to good performances.

um 2 things.

1. You haven't given up your mod status.
2. I support my team and our players. I guess that's "crapolal" to you, but it'll continue to support Freo as I have since 97. It's loyal members that keep the club alive and functioning. We can do without the player bashers.
Criticising players that warrant it is not ‘player bashing’ ya tit.

he got some coaches votes :)

Euro-Yroke v Walyalup​

9 Caleb Serong (FRE)
6 Luke Jackson (FRE)
5 Hayden Young (FRE)
3 Jordan Clark (FRE)
3 Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)
2 Rowan Marshall (STK)
2 Jaeger O'Meara (FRE)

One of the things I most loved about JOM was his desire to play for us and not West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back