Welcome Welcome Jaeger O'Meara!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I really did not see this happening pre trade period, or even on Monday tbh. Keen to see the details, but excited to see what he could add

Good looking rooster, no matter what you say about the circumstances of him getting here. He is one of ours now I hope he kills it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddly excited about what he can bring in terms of off the field and as support in the middle for the youngsters.

People who seem to still have this mental image of him being this broken down player from 2014 or whatever the * are going to be in for a real surprise.

On one hand we paid too much. A contracted ruck and a F2 for what will be a 29 year old next year who's solid but unspectacular and has bung knees.

On the other hand, Bell and Walls have been fantastic in the trade/draft area throughout most of the rebuild. So they deserve our trust and JOM deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

He's either going to be an amazing recruit and I'll have pie on my face for thinking otherwise, or he's going to be Freo's #1 whipping boy alongside Banfield. I don't see an in between for this acquisition.

GWS did a medical on him, and the next day their list manager is on radio saying they hope that Jaegar chooses them because they're positive he can manage some midfield minutes amongst playing other positions, and he has good training standards.
People thinking we're getting a midfield powerhouse might want to temper their expectations.
I remember Matthew Knights saying that Mark Williams had definitely overcome his knee problems and was a great trade from the hawks. I don't want to see that happen here. I hope we've done our due diligence and he stars🤞🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back