List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also he missed his entire first year and has played about 7 games in 3 years through COVID and injury. Kid is rusty and learning the game plan and this injury doesn't help. Obviously rated by Simmo or he would have played someone else.
He is improving with every run, is smart and has shown himself to be tough in contested footy. Not a worry about Chesser.

Think some have gotten a bit greedy with the Long, Ginbey, Hewett and (even) Maric types who take to senior footy like ducks to water. These are exceptions rather than the norm.

Chesser is developing steadily. He gets a tick from me for 2023.

Lot of parallels between Chesser’s progression and Shep’s. Highly touted recruit slow burner, but the signs are there. Feel like it’ll click for him when he gets some confidence in his game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would argue that Chesser has actually had a much better start to his career than Shep. Took Shep over 5 seasons to get going. Lots of people had him on the scrap pile.

Think some have gotten a bit greedy with the Long, Ginbey, Hewett and (even) Maric types who take to senior footy like ducks to water. These are exceptions rather than the norm.

Chesser is developing steadily. He gets a tick from me for 2023.
Agree, dont know why people are so quick to bag out a kid whos essentially in his first proper AFL season.

Lot of parallels between Chesser’s progression and Shep’s. Highly touted recruit slow burner, but the signs are there. Feel like it’ll click for him when he gets some confidence in his game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I could see him becoming a gun HB like Shep too. Has good burst speed and is pretty tall, so he could shut down smalls and talls.

People need to get off his back.

He's 20 and still a fair way off given his interrupted lead into the draft.

With a few others pulling decent numbers in the WAFL (Hall, Johnston etc) he may get a chance to drop down for a few weeks and really develop his game.

I have faith he'll be a good player for us.

With a few others pulling decent numbers in the WAFL (Hall, Johnston etc) he may get a chance to drop down for a few weeks and really develop his game.

Also missed a whole year of footy in his first season, so missing that conditioning. Is essentially a second year player.

Hopefully he can absorb a little bit of what Reids got and boost his own confidence, show a little mongrel, embrace the challenge... He can play if he backs himself in a bit more, saw it in the first game of the season 👍🏼

I have faith he has NFI where to be at AFL level and when he does get it has NFI what to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was stoked we went for him because he has speed and is a good kick. Something we need. He's just making too many mistakes at the moment though, and looks timid too. Should probably go to the WAFL for a while.

Needs to be playing WAFL and rack up some numbers (get in better positions).

Fine with giving him a block of games, but you would hope to see some development, if not he can spend some time in the WAFL to practice getting his hands on the ball. Other young players like Johnston and Hall deserve an opportunity as well if Chesser isn't showing much improvement.

Let’s be honest Tom swift showed more in his first 17 games then Chesser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back