Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see why we jumped Geelong to nab him

Geelong got us back by grabbing Mannagh right after, lets see who comes out on top
Could be another 2016 where both teams are happy. We went early on Sean Darcy at 38 to get ahead of Geelong. So Geelong picked up Tom Stewart, who we were interested in, at pick 40. We then got Cox at 41.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is one seriously good recommendation right there.

Sounds like we landed a good-un - welcome to Freo son!
Congrats on getting this kid. Saw him as an under age player. I thought he’d be a first rounder this year, injury restricted his season. I was over the moon when he made it to Richmond’s pick because I thought he was a certainty to be picked by the Tiges. Shattered when we traded the pick to Freo and you picked him. He has pace to burn and great lateral movement. I expect he’ll excel. Your gain and I think Richmond’s loss.

When I read the pre draft profile I thought of Chad Warner without the punchable face. Similar draft position too.

Fingers crossed.

Really like this lad, something different for our midfield takes the game forward not handballing backwards all the time as we currently do our forwards coming at the footy will be licking there lips!!!

I just hope the muppets in charge don't decide to lowball him then in a few years time just because he says this.

Like we have done with a few others in the past.

Everyone has a price eventually no matter how loyal you want to be.
I’m more worried that the guys who usually make these big calls are usually the first ones to change their minds

Kind of get caught up in the moment

Hope he’s a gun and proves me wrong
Looks pretty handy

I'm encouraged by his references to Caleb, the most visibly motivated of all our Freo players. Modelling Caleb will be the best thing he can do - along with bringing his impressive-sounding work ethic.

I've never forgotten meeting Caleb at the AGM just after the 3 amigos joined us (btw Cerra polite, but not entirely present even then). Bubbling with infectious enthusiasm. Perfect role model for young Coops.

I just hope the muppets in charge don't decide to lowball him then in a few years time just because he says this.

Like we have done with a few others in the past.

Everyone has a price eventually no matter how loyal you want to be.
We probably won't need to because we aren't overpaying for other lesser players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back