Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely loved that Treacy backed himself to kick a goal from 50.There is in air of arrogance about him and I mean that in a good way.
Yep, lead by example there, turned his back on the F50 while he walked back to start his run up, usually players get lambasted for by the commentators, but in this instance he was sending a message of “this is how it’s done boys” and then absolutely smacked it!

Taking the shot was smart at that point in time regardless of whether he actually kicked a goal or not.

Time was becoming a factor.

Treacy is one of my fav players since he started playing. the bigger his body gets over the coming years the move physical he will be and if keeps his fitness up and keeps running up and down the forward 50 to the wings we will gain a lot of entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treacy is one of my fav players since he started playing. the bigger his body gets over the coming years the move physical he will be and if keeps his fitness up and keeps running up and down the forward 50 to the wings we will gain a lot of entries.

I've seen him beast a few games early on at wafl. It wasn't that long ago both he and Amiss were lining up next to each other for Peel.

How things have changed for both of them.

Both great set shots and Tracey has improved his marking out in front and in packs this season. Can't knock his work ethic to improve.

Massive fan of this guy and what he brings. Hope he can find a way to get involved up the ground a bit more though ... Anyone else concerned that Darcy back might impact Treacy more than Jackson?
I can't see there being room for Darcy and Jackson and Amiss and Taberner and Treacy if they're all fit. My short term fear is that Treacy will be the one who gets dropped, and that de-rails his current development curve.

I can't see there being room for Darcy and Jackson and Amiss and Taberner and Treacy if they're all fit. My short term fear is that Treacy will be the one who gets dropped, and that de-rails his current development curve.
If that was the case then it would have been Amiss Taberner and Cox in round 1 instead of Amiss Treacy and Cox. I think the club is committed to the amiss/Treacy combo

Nah it will be Tabs. Tabs would have to kick 4 plus nearly every game to stay in.

If that was the case then it would have been Amiss Taberner and Cox in round 1 instead of Amiss Treacy and Cox. I think the club is committed to the amiss/Treacy combo
I thought Taberner was injured for round 1? But that could be force of habit.

I hope you're right, and that the club is committed to Amiss + Treacy. That's far and away what I'd prefer to see.

I thought Taberner was injured for round 1? But that could be force of habit.

I hope you're right, and that the club is committed to Amiss + Treacy. That's far and away what I'd prefer to see.
I don't think so. He played in the preseason game against Port and then pretty sure he played in the Peel scratch match during AFL round 1? I might be misremembering though and not sure how to look it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back