Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Nash's don't argue in his clip. He understands that a don't argue is about providing space and not running over someone. I hope he quickly also realises that you cannot bounce the ball while being tackled in afl (also seen in the clip).

My guess is that Shem will see Conor's career as a premier backman and think... Oh lord... I should have stayed with the Hawks.
There's no tackling in Gaelic, so the clip shows him riding a bump, not in a tackle :)

There's no tackling in Gaelic, so the clip shows him riding a bump, not in a tackle :)

As long as he's riding the bumps with a grin.

The good thing about his background is that he played rugby, which is mainly about tackling. So he's learned both the skills before he gets here.

Is it too much to expect that this kid could be playing BHH seniors next year at full back?
Well if brand is playing seniors and we don't have Spang or Gus there someone has to help out kiwi or whoever is down back.

Will be interesting to see where he and Glass slot in after a full preseason

What better way to throw the ball around in Clarko's new game plan. Introduce rugby players.;)
Actually, I find it weird that Ross Lyon hasn't gone out & bought like 15 of them to ramp up his 'manic pressure > disposal efficiency' game plan!

Awareness in Gaelic and physicality in rugby
Hard not to be excited
From his 'Welcome' video on the HFC site, he looks like a close-checking KPD who will rebound with ball in hand, then link-up by providing outside run, before bombing long inside F50m, at which point he'll become a tall-marking forward option, with Roughy as his decoy.

He is probably the reason we were happy to retire Lake & Hale in the same year, then send Hill packing - frankly, they were just holding this guy back...

I'm looking forward to 12 spoils, 60 possessions & 5 goals a week from Conor*!

*in his debut year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From his 'Welcome' video on the HFC site, he looks like a close-checking KPD who will rebound with ball in hand, then link-up by providing outside run, before bombing long inside F50m, at which point he'll become a tall-marking forward option, with Roughy as his decoy.

He is probably the reason we were happy to retire Lake & Hale in the same year, then send Hill packing - frankly, they were just holding this guy back...

I'm looking forward to 12 spoils, 60 possessions & 5 goals a week from Conor*!

*in his debut year!

Instead, why not think big?

A few years ago, I was in a night club in HK. There was an Irishmen, quite under the weather, acting a tad obnoxious. As he brushed by, he turned to me and said, "Just in it for the craic." Fortunately, I knew what he meant, and my view of him immediately became far more tolerant. Just a guy out to have fun. I could relate to that.

A few years ago, I was in a night club in HK. There was an Irishmen, quite under the weather, acting a tad obnoxious. As he brushed by, he turned to me and said, "Just in it for the craic." Fortunately, I knew what he meant, and my view of him immediately became far more tolerant. Just a guy out to have fun. I could relate to that.
what is the craic thing? does it help him kick goals?

what is the craic thing? does it help him kick goals?

Craic
Irish word for fun/enjoyment that has been brought into the English language. usu. when mixed with alcohol and/or music.
'Bhi craic agus ceol againn' : We had fun and music.
Fun doesn't really cut it though. General banter, good times had by all.
Also, a person who is good fun/great company.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Craic

Does it directly help him kick goals? No. Does having a healthy mental state aid kicking goals? Maybe?

This thread reminds me of the one for Shem Tatupu :oops:

Well, Conor looks a bit quicker and clean in his skills than Shem was... so hopefully we get him running around in the brown and gold in not too long.

Is it just me, or is this guy is on another level as far as natural athletic ability. A very smooth mover.

I noticed this too, the only player in my memory at the Hawks who moved like, and had that athleticism was Croad (who was more of a 'bustler' than a gazelle to be fair). If Nash cottons on a bit quicker than Trent, and gets to Croad's level as a defender, that would be massive for the Hawks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back