Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If I didn't know who you were talking about it could be just about anyone in the side. ;-)
TheFourPillars should write daily horoscopes for a living...

I hope not, he’s one of the only midfielders we’ve got that kicks goals.
A rarely known fact: The phrase "one of the only" doesn't mean anything.

Someone can be "one of the few" or they can be "the only". "one of the only" makes no sense

A rarely known fact: The phrase "one of the only" doesn't mean anything.

Someone can be "one of the few" or they can be "the only". "one of the only" makes no sense
Your are one of only three or four posters on this forum who would understand this.

oh wait..

Your are one of only three or four posters on this forum who would understand this.

oh wait..
Notice you used the phrase "one of only", not "one of THE only"

Okay.

You are one of the most unique posters on this forum.

In fact, you are more unique that anyone else here!
Am I uniquer than that guy you neak up on and steal his chips?

I'm fully expecting Finn to be best 22 come the end of 2021. He has all the tools and the work ethic. Another pre-season under his belt will do him wonders. Remember, the main knock we were hearing from his scratch match reports were his need to figure out the running patterns. I guarantee he was trying to do much and be everywhere and with a little tweak and understanding of his positioning he won't have any further concerns.

We were destroyed out of the middle by arguably the best midfield group in the competition in the one game he did play. It really is a shame that he didn't play against Gold Coast in the final game because I feel as though he would have starred considering the lack of pressure the Suns applied. That confidence could have set him up for a real crack at next year. Regardless, i'm expecting a very solid output from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fully expecting Finn to be best 22 come the end of 2021. He has all the tools and the work ethic. Another pre-season under his belt will do him wonders. Remember, the main knock we were hearing from his scratch match reports were his need to figure out the running patterns. I guarantee he was trying to do much and be everywhere and with a little tweak and understanding of his positioning he won't have any further concerns.

We were destroyed out of the middle by arguably the best midfield group in the competition in the one game he did play. It really is a shame that he didn't play against Gold Coast in the final game because I feel as though he would have starred considering the lack of pressure the Suns applied. That confidence could have set him up for a real crack at next year. Regardless, i'm expecting a very solid output from him.
Yeah he should of played over Harry Morrison who showed absolutely no signs of a good afl player as usual... that Gold Coast game finn would have dominated.

Yeah he should of played over Harry Morrison who showed absolutely no signs of a good afl player as usual... that Gold Coast game finn would have dominated.
It's becoming more and more clear that you have zero clue about players and roles if you're going to suggest Finn should've played instead of Harry.

It's becoming more and more clear that you have zero clue about players and roles if you're going to suggest Finn should've played instead of Harry.
What role does harry play, get 15 useless touches that are kicks backwards and turnovers. Cost us the saint Kilda game with a shocking turnover.

What role does harry play, get 15 useless touches that are kicks backwards and turnovers. Cost us the saint Kilda game with a shocking turnover.
More rubbish.

More rubbish.

Are you stating this comment as fact or your opinion?? - hard to tell. You do realise that quite a few posters and supporters agree with Hawksbesteva
‘s comments. I don’t like potting young players but Morrison to me is a poor mans Rayden Tallis and that’s saying something. Replying to someone’s opinion as “rubbish” is a bit over the top for mine.

This is a forum where we express our opinions, being told that they are rubbish just doesn’t sit right with me, you could just reply disagree or similar ....

Are you stating this comment as fact or your opinion?? - hard to tell. You do realise that quite a few posters and supporters agree with Hawksbesteva
‘s comments. I don’t like potting young players but Morrison to me is a poor mans Rayden Tallis and that’s saying something. Replying to someone’s opinion as “rubbish” is a bit over the top for mine.

This is a forum where we express our opinions, being told that they are rubbish just doesn’t sit right with me, you could just reply disagree or similar ....
It is less about where people rate Morrison and the role they play. No matter where you rate Morrison Finn is not a replacement for him.

The original comment was more of a way at pot shotting Harry in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

That Morrison plays a different role to Finn isn't an opinion, that's a fact.

Morrison has trained with our defensive group as a running link player off half back that pushes through the wing and seems to know his running/defensive patterns well despite other limitations.

Finn is an inside mid with a tank and the main thing reportedly holding him back was that he wasn't running to the right areas.

They weren't competing for the same spot and Finn wasn't about to be able to take on an outside distribution role that's mainly about (different) positioning and running patterns when he wasn't intuitively picking those things up for the role he spent a fair bit of time training for.

Same way Ricky Henderson wasn't gonna be keeping Worpel out of the team in 2018.

That Morrison plays a different role to Finn isn't an opinion, that's a fact.

Morrison has trained with our defensive group as a running link player off half back that pushes through the wing and seems to know his running/defensive patterns well despite other limitations.

Finn is an inside mid with a tank and the main thing reportedly holding him back was that he wasn't running to the right areas.

They weren't competing for the same spot and Finn wasn't about to be able to take on an outside distribution role that's mainly about (different) positioning and running patterns when he wasn't intuitively picking those things up for the role he spent a fair bit of time training for.

Same way Ricky Henderson wasn't gonna be keeping Worpel out of the team in 2018.

Ok fair call, my bad

Finns pressure acts in his AFL game were up to the level but the rest wasn't. Can't believe people are expecting him to be a best 22 lock next year. I just don't get where the expectation has come from.

He wasn't a prime mover at U18 level. He is a depth mid. We will learn a heap about him next year. Just shaking my head about the expectation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back