Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a moment in the fourth quarter when the camera went to Bolton who looked knackered, sweating and a bit disheveled after chasing a ball to the boundary

Then just behind him in the same camera shot was Finn who looked as if the game had just started, not a bead of sweat and no emotion whatsoever. The dude is literally a machine

The taginator

"I'd been watching Ed Langdon's vision for quite a while because I'd been playing on the wing and I was trying to learn all the wing patterns. We were playing Melbourne and Mitch said, 'OK, you go to Ed Langdon'," Maginness told AFL.com.au on Tuesday.

"It was the game that got me going. I felt like I could do it at AFL level after that game. That was definitely the first game that I felt like I can definitely do this and I belong."

"I absolutely love the Hawkers. I was an absolute Hawthorn nuffie. I'm in a lucky position where I've had the opportunity to play for the club I grew up supporting. It's a massive honour," he said.

Honorary BigFooty membership for Finn in order with that line I reckon!

"I absolutely love the Hawkers. I was an absolute Hawthorn nuffie. I'm in a lucky position where I've had the opportunity to play for the club I grew up supporting. It's a massive honour," he said.

Honorary BigFooty membership for Finn in order with that line I reckon!
Plot twist: Finn is Dom!

Sam on Finn.

I've noticed that there's a number of media articles that came out about Finn in the last few days, are we pumping him up in order to get a Rising Star Nom?

But hopefully he gets the last one for this year and he backs it up with a good performance against the Bulldogs.

Sam on Finn.

I've noticed that there's a number of media articles that came out about Finn in the last few days, are we pumping him up in order to get a Rising Star Nom?

But hopefully he gets the last one for this year and he backs it up with a good performance against the Bulldogs.

he deserves a nom, but if he doesnt get 1 at least he is getting the recognition for a great year finding his spot as a part time tagger and handy flanker/mid.

There were concerns on this board about him after his first 2 years.......even though they were COVID seasons with other issues.

But he's definitely come on this year and I've loved his progression. Looks much surer with the ball in hand too.

There were concerns on this board about him after his first 2 years.......even though they were COVID seasons with other issues.

But he's definitely come on this year and I've loved his progression. Looks much surer with the ball in hand too.
One of the reasons would like to see Downie play out another season, if we could hit one more from that draft would be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the reasons would like to see Downie play out another season, if we could hit one more from that draft would be perfect.
Is that same draft as Mitchell & Saunders?

I'm basing it on nothing other than hope, but I bloody wish both of them make it as well.

Is that same draft as Mitchell & Saunders?

I'm basing it on nothing other than hope, but I bloody wish both of them make it as well.
Yup, maginess came earlier but same issue with the lack of Covid footy, we hit on brockman but he might leave and Mitchell looks like an issue, so getting a best 2022 from Saunders or Downie is crucial, body in positions of need to.

From pre season to his first game it was clear Finn was a different player this year. His physical attributes should make him a devestating player in years to come. Run with or away from his opponents

Surely with a name like Finn, he has to be Jaws!

richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

From pre season to his first game it was clear Finn was a different player this year. His physical attributes should make him a devestating player in years to come. Run with or away from his opponents
Another year with the speed project on the cards I hope!

Finn needs to take his perceived and psychological pressure to the another level. Before each game he needs to wait in the car park until his opponent arrives and then walk shoulder to shoulder with them into the rooms. Then walk them back. Text them a reminder the night before each game. Send them a Christmas card each year, etc 😀

He is starting to get under the skin of the opposition ……… he is doing his job very well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back