Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 44: Blake Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes been very solid so far. One thing I would like is him to get a few more tackles per game. But so far his 1v1 defensive work has been great plus his penetrating kick from defense.

Hes been very solid so far. One thing I would like is him to get a few more tackles per game. But so far his 1v1 defensive work has been great plus his penetrating kick from defense.
What I love when he's having a down game so far he's seem to pick up his off the ball side, has a real will to impact the contest. He's young and will have down patches but showing great signs.

His kicking efficiency and kicking to targets has been a big plus for me. We need more accurate passers by foot and hand to surge back up the ladder :D

Will be interesting to see how things play out with him, Miles and Doc...
He's the worst thing to happen to both.

If Glass, Nash, Morrison or Heatherly improve it begins to look quite nasty for Doc and Teia.

Wonder if small forward roles are beckoning although Kade seems to have this stitched up too

Last edited:
His kicking efficiency and kicking to targets has been a big plus for me. We need more accurate passers by foot and hand to surge back up the ladder :D
A backline with Sicily, Burton and Hardwick in will be pretty good to watch if they all mature together.

Can't believe we got Hardwick with pick 44.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really disappointed in how his first year ended. He showed a bit in preseason and then took a lot longer to find his feet than I thought he would. I watched him at box hill and thought, he's still learning the game plan.

The way he has come in this year down back and just risen to the challenge has been great to see. Kid is a footballer, very strong overhead for his size, great kick, shown good composure with the amount of ball coming his way and looks like he's going to be a fixture in the team for years to come

One of those kids we were waiting to find out about that is looking like a decent pick

Loved him when I coached him ......nothing has change except he's at the other end of the ground .
You did say he always lifts to the level required to play, he's doing it again at the highest level.

Going to beat Eldo on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back