Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Tim Mohr - pick 43 2018 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This happened to a guy I play basketball with- reasonably innocuous the way it happened, but apparently it’s a mechanism of the kneecap dislocating, most of the time it results in both the ACL and PCL tearing. I can’t comment on Mohrs injury because I didn’t see it but it’s not as gruesome as it sounds, the lengthy wait time on the field was probably due to the knee cap still being dislocated and therefore couldn’t bend his knee at all to get off the field. All the best to Tim in his recovery.

This happened to a guy I play basketball with- reasonably innocuous the way it happened, but apparently it’s a mechanism of the kneecap dislocating, most of the time it results in both the ACL and PCL tearing. I can’t comment on Mohrs injury because I didn’t see it but it’s not as gruesome as it sounds, the lengthy wait time on the field was probably due to the knee cap still being dislocated and therefore couldn’t bend his knee at all to get off the field. All the best to Tim in his recovery.

As hard as it sounds it kind of makes you think that the genetic structure of some people’s knees are just not cut out to play sport like AFL. I'm talking about guys that have multiple and reoccurring knee injuries like Alex Johnson, Alex Woodward etc. It's one of the really sucky parts of our sport.

Last edited:

Spoke to Tim today after surgery , said he’s done a absolutel job on his knee ACL, PCL, LCL - he’s shattered but as always he’s his upbeat self. I said when drafted how much of a impact and well liked he will be within the group. Exact Stratton character clone. Really wanted to see him play a few games for us this year. Don’t know what will mean for his future but he’s the kinda guy that’s worth having at the club with what he offers.
Wish well from all us big footy hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back