News Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Schache

Will Josh Schache play R1?

• Yes

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked this guy's game on the weekend.

Competed really well, marked, tackled, shut out Alir. Great sidekick to Naughton in Bruce's absence.

In fact if he can nail a few more shots he could even be a smokey for Norm if they put their midfield bias to the side :D

Really liked this guy's game on the weekend.

Competed really well, marked, tackled, shut out Alir. Great sidekick to Naughton in Bruce's absence.

In fact if he can nail a few more shots he could even be a smokey for Norm if they put their midfield bias to the side :D

He's usually our best set shot as well so he just had an off night in front of the sticks. Lotta people praising how he did as a defensive forward and him doing a good job on Lever will be key to us potentially winning.

I'm curious whether the club have definite plans for a set position going forward, or if he's going to be a bona fide swingman. Can't remember too many of those, maybe westhoff from port, most other guys you think of are primarily defenders who can swing forward if matchups suit. Whatever it is his medium term future looks a lot brighter than it did 10 weeks ago, and good on him for making it so.

I'm curious whether the club have definite plans for a set position going forward, or if he's going to be a bona fide swingman. Can't remember too many of those, maybe westhoff from port, most other guys you think of are primarily defenders who can swing forward if matchups suit. Whatever it is his medium term future looks a lot brighter than it did 10 weeks ago, and good on him for making it so.

And we have Sam Darcy coming through, another genuine key position swingman. What a time we're in.

If it wasn't for Bruce doing his ACL I would have liked the club spending the pre season training him in defence. Now I'm not so sure.

If it wasn't for Bruce doing his ACL I would have liked the club spending the pre season training him in defence. Now I'm not so sure.
With Bruce, Naughton, English, Keath, Gardy and Cordy all in contention for KPP spots and JUH and Darcy coming through, he might find it a bit hard long term. There’s definitely a good opportunity next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ultimately ended up elsewhere, but if he keeps going at this pace he might well hold his spot. He certainly ticks Bev’s versatility box.

For next year I think he’s a forward with Bruce out for much of the year and JUH still developing.

Its kind of weird but in some ways Schache is a better foil for Naughton than Bruce.

It helps that he doesn't get in the way of Naughton, Naughty and Bruce would fly for the same marks. Sure one of them will probably take it but it wasn't super helpful to have both in the same contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It helps that he doesn't get in the way of Naughton, Naughty and Bruce would fly for the same marks. Sure one of them will probably take it but it wasn't super helpful to have both in the same contest.
I think they worked together a lot better this season, but 2020 that was certainly true

Its kind of weird but in some ways Schache is a better foil for Naughton than Bruce.
I told anyone who would listen this early this year but to be fair Bruce was a completely different player this year obviously. No doubt we’d rather Brucey out there this week but I’m happy for Schach. Who would have thought he would be a deserving part of our grand final side. Still amazes me how quickly things change

I told anyone who would listen this early this year but to be fair Bruce was a completely different player this year obviously. No doubt we’d rather Brucey out there this week but I’m happy for Schach. Who would have thought he would be a deserving part of our grand final side. Still amazes me how quickly things change

Bailey Dale as our AA half back, Josh Schache an important part of our forward line, Josh Bruce finishing so high up in the Coleman, Ryan Gardner being so close to a Grand Final place. A year ago these would have seemed a million miles away.

Will have JUH with another preseason under his belt. I would definitely put the time into Schache as a defender. We know he has the ability to swing forward. Schache could become the drop off intercept mark to round out our backline

Bailey Dale as our AA half back, Josh Schache an important part of our forward line, Josh Bruce finishing so high up in the Coleman, Ryan Gardner being so close to a Grand Final place. A year ago these would have seemed a million miles away.
Amazing what a little confidence and belief can achieve!!

I do wonder what we go with next year. JUH will have another year under his belt and Bruce may be back for the final couple of rounds, do we keep Schache as Naughton's foil up forward where he's been very good or do we do all preseason training him with the defenders and have English taking the second tall?

Back