Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

HedgeFund

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2012
Singapore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very true but you have to be injury free to train hard and show full capability. Nothing lacking there with all 3 mentioned IMO as demonstrated this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taranto had a 2 month ankle in 2017, a 3 month shoulder in 2020. Won their B&F in 2019 and was clearly their BOG in the 2019 GF.

McGrath has been exceptionally resilient - only his ankle in Rd 14 of 2020 keeping him out of pretty much playing every single game since he started. EFC Rising Star in 2017. 6th in B&F in 2019. 5th in 2020

Scrimshaw played 28 NEAFL / reserve games in 2017/2018 (plus his 4 AFL games). Aside from a fractured cheekbone he had a decent injury run at GC. Openly said off-field he couldn’t settle and was homesick.

If he can go close in 2021/22 to what those two have produced in their last two seasons we would all be delighted.

Hawk_francais

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had some uncharacteristic turnovers but overal it was a really solid game in trying circumstances. Easily one of our best. His work in the contest is getting better every year and teases that he might be able to work up the ground eventually.
Doesn't mind breaking a tackle does Jack Scrimshaw. Is stronger than he looks. That video also shows a few important contributions from Kosi which I didn't notice on the night.. They both had really good games. 7 day break this time I reckon we'll make a decent fist of the game against the Eagles. But then again I thought we'd roll the saints.

FactsNotBS

Rookie
Aug 21, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Taranto had a 2 month ankle in 2017, a 3 month shoulder in 2020. Won their B&F in 2019 and was clearly their BOG in the 2019 GF.

McGrath has been exceptionally resilient - only his ankle in Rd 14 of 2020 keeping him out of pretty much playing every single game since he started. EFC Rising Star in 2017. 6th in B&F in 2019. 5th in 2020

Scrimshaw played 28 NEAFL / reserve games in 2017/2018 (plus his 4 AFL games). Aside from a fractured cheekbone he had a decent injury run at GC. Openly said off-field he couldn’t settle and was homesick.

If he can go close in 2021/22 to what those two have produced in their last two seasons we would all be delighted.
Will go more than close...just starting to mature now...Tim and Andy already stars no doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mustang

All Australian
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Loved seeing him trialled in the midfield on the weekend. Even a few CBA.

Think longer term that's where his spot might be because our ideal back 6 doesn't have him in it.

Seems a decent overhead mark, but does misread way too many balls in the air.
Could he develop into the tall mid that we have always wanted.

Brishawk

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Loved seeing him trialled in the midfield on the weekend. Even a few CBA.

Think longer term that's where his spot might be because our ideal back 6 doesn't have him in it.

Seems a decent overhead mark, but does misread way too many balls in the air.
I had to do a double take when I saw him in the centre. At last!! 😂

Remove this Banner Ad