Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

My recollection was that Gibson and North Melbourne were at odds about his best position on ground. Gibson felt he would be better as a defender. North Melbourne wanted to play him in midfield, because they felt that they already had established key defenders and Gibson was surplus to requirements if he wanted to play as a midfielder. Gibson proved himself correct.
What a unique player for us

He's best 22 but there is something untapped still about Jack.

He intercepts well, seems to be over his niggles & is a neat kick.

I think the missing part is damage with the footy. The similarities with Birch are there, but Birch was an attacking weapon. I'd like to see Jack really take the game on this year & launch our attacks & reduce the neat sideways spot up kicks.
He's an elite kick, both feet. Absolute darts would be up there with being easily able to kick 50 and while being head height the whole way.

What about impey and bramble once we have all four back? And Cj too?
Bramble might take a rotation or two on the wing. but is predominately training in the backline. CJ is an unknown at this stage. Impey also backline may have stints elsewhere maybe forward but starting back. Yes which means a few will miss when all are fit

Bramble might take a rotation or two on the wing. but is predominately training in the backline. CJ is an unknown at this stage. Impey also backline may have stints elsewhere maybe forward but starting back. Yes which means a few will miss when all are fit
None will miss, too good. Bramble moves to a wing and should be there anyway...

CJ wing if fit and Impey can move fwd or wing stints.

None will miss, too good. Bramble moves to a wing and should be there anyway...

CJ wing if fit and Impey can move fwd or wing stints.
I think you fail to realise there are others performing well in those positions. There are going to be some extremely unlucky players

I think you fail to realise there are others performing well in those positions. There are going to be some extremely unlucky players
I'd be shocked.

Only one i can see missing would probably be impey or bramble.

You can lock in Scrim, CJ, Day types.

Bramble is the most likely to go out and i'd be shocked there, should be on the wing over anyone. Probs the best option there.

Impey is the other but he is so versatile.

I'd be shocked.

Only one i can see missing would probably be impey or bramble.

You can lock in Scrim, CJ, Day types.

Bramble is the most likely to go out and i'd be shocked there, should be on the wing over anyone. Probs the best option there.

Impey is the other but he is so versatile.
Well Bramble has played on the wing against others intermittently but ends up training with the backs. Scrim CJ and Day are locks. Impey as well you would think. They might play different positions from time to time. Rotate through

Well Bramble has played on the wing against others intermittently but ends up training with the backs. Scrim CJ and Day are locks. Impey as well you would think. They might play different positions from time to time. Rotate through
That's what i am saying, they'll all play imo and locked in. Just Impey fwd, Bramble wing, CJ wing and when Day builds his tank him too. Scrim maybe?

I wonder if it's possible Bramble will play wing, but coaches want him to play as a slider who gets back defensively alot to make an extra number and give some run and accurate foot disposal out from the back half...?

Another poster had mentioned the idea of wingbacks as you find them in soccer, players who start deeper defensively but regularly make runs and push up the field as an option. Perhaps this is the inverse, where he starts on the wing and keeps even numbers while we have possession or are fighting for it and also defending the opposition release from their defensive half, but gets on his bike super quick to make an extra in our defensive half when we lose the ball.

In essence, the coaches might already be comfortable he doesn't need more 'looks' from the wing, but want him to embed the images of what the ground looks like from inside the defensive 50 and where the holes are to send a cleverly weighted kick to advantage us into some run and transition footy...

Because everything you say seems right, Sicily Scrim and Day make the most sense on that halfback line, add Hardwick as a defensive small, and probably two out of Frost/Hartigan/CJ/DGB depending on matchups. We'd be too small if you add Bramble as a full time backman to Sic/Scrim/Day/Hardwick don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see how Scrim goes with Sicily in the team. Probably pushes scrim into less an intercepting role.

Given scrims b&f results and hot competition for spots (if everyone is fit) I’m not sure he’s the lock people say he is. With Sicily back in side case could be made that the run of Impey/CJ combined with smarts of Day is a better with mix with Sicily’s elite intercepting/mark and foot skills.

Interested to see how Scrim goes with Sicily in the team. Probably pushes scrim into less an intercepting role.

Given scrims b&f results and hot competition for spots (if everyone is fit) I’m not sure he’s the lock people say he is. With Sicily back in side case could be made that the run of Impey/CJ combined with smarts of Day is a better with mix with Sicily’s elite intercepting/mark and foot skills.
While the competition for spots his hot I think given what I have seen from Scrim this pre season alongside Sic including his ability to be an outlay and mop up across the ground he will line up round 1

Scrim looked best last year when he was pushing up the ground and delivering inside 50 and kicking some goals himself. I reckon with Sicily back in the side it actually frees him up to do that more often. Likewise Sicily can do it while Scrimshaw hangs back.

Reckon the current head coach is a bigger fan, more appreciative of the year Scrim had last season and what he can do going forward.

Personally I find it a bit unusual that some are still questioning Scrimmers place in the team.

I watched every match last year and he was in my top 5 players for the Hawks just about every week. He's an elite intercept mark, moves really well and a beautifully neat kick. I also think the queries on his defensive actions are a bit overblown, I have seen him do plenty of strong spoils.

Hardly Jack's fault that the club went a bit bonkers on drafting half back flankers the last 5 years leading the current log jam on the back line!

Personally I find it a bit unusual that some are still questioning Scrimmers place in the team.

I watched every match last year and he was in my top 5 players for the Hawks just about every week. He's an elite intercept mark, moves really well and a beautifully neat kick. I also think the queries on his defensive actions are a bit overblown, I have seen him do plenty of strong spoils.

Hardly Jack's fault that the club went a bit bonkers on drafting half back flankers the last 5 years leading the current log jam on the back line!
There are people questioning his place in the team???
😅😅😅😅😅😅
Less than no idea about football.
Screenshot_20220215-175905_WhatsApp.jpg

Scrim looked best last year when he was pushing up the ground and delivering inside 50 and kicking some goals himself. I reckon with Sicily back in the side it actually frees him up to do that more often. Likewise Sicily can do it while Scrimshaw hangs back.
I like this take on it. I too was/am a bit worried about the potential overlap between the two and a clear role for each. I feel like Burton was doing well in that role but lost his way when Sicily took over (I get that there were other things maybe going on with Burton). Would hate for scrimshaw to lose his way now after so much progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back