Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth noting we were crap in 2003-2004 when West won two of his last three CSMs so it wasn't hard to stand out in that side. We finished last in 2003 and third last in 2004, then 9th in 2005. We've been in finals or close to the top 8 for Bont's entire career.

Great player though West was I reckon the Bont is considerably better ... and might finish with at least seven himself if he stays sound.

Yes, no disrespect to Scott who was an absolute champion and a fellow member of the robbed of the Brownlow club, but Bont is considerably better.

It’s nothing more than a tracker.

I wonder how often EJ and Schultz were runner up to each other?

Between them they won six in a row and nine out of ten.

Also, it's pretty cool that Bont and EJ won Best and Fairests in premiership years and also in the years we finished runner up.

385303685_18099362866357909_2844467692367758997_n.jpg

Worth noting we were crap in 2003-2004 when West won two of his last three CSMs so it wasn't hard to stand out in that side. We finished last in 2003 and third last in 2004, then 9th in 2005. We've been in finals or close to the top 8 for Bont's entire career.

Great player though West was I reckon the Bont is considerably better ... and might finish with at least seven himself if he stays sound.

I'm happy to forget 2014 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether we are too old for his book we should all, every one of us should go any buy a copy or two for Christmas presents. We owe him this much.

The Bont played his first AFL game 10 years ago (Sunday April 20th 2014)

Hopefully he has a few brilliant seasons left... and another Dogs premiership!
How time flies. I still vividly remember reading about him while on the dunny in a full page spread they had on him in the paper as a draft prospect.

Edit: sorry thought this was a main board thread!

How time flies. I still vividly remember reading about him while on the dunny in a full page spread they had on him in the paper as a draft prospect.

Edit: sorry thought this was a main board thread!
So I’m guessing you don’t still have the full page spread…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back