Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2021 - O'Brien, Darcy, Jones, Cleary

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

North won't play games. If we think JHF is the best player we'll take him first. If you have seen JHF's game on Friday, he is going at 1.

Interesting how Richmond supporters seem to think we should bid on Daicos to screw over Collingwood but are outraged by the idea that we screw over the them by walking CCJ to the PSD. Neither will happen. It's just funny.
Dude daicos is the best player in the draft. You won’t find a recruiter who doesn’t agree

I don't know any recruiters, and if I doubt they wouldn't tell their rankings. But if you go to the BF draft watchers board the only one I have seen who has Daicos in front of JHF barracks for Collingwood.
Will say right you he gets bid on with the 1st pick mate. Warrant it’s as well

It will be fascinating to see where he's selected, and how North play their hand. They can do Collingwood and Bulldogs a big favour by skipping over both father-sons. Both have merits for 1-3 in the draft, and North have a need for both types, so could absolutely justify bidding as they're best available.

Also depends on if they care about the cachet of having the "#1 pick".

I think the cachet is offset by the millstone.

Josh Dunkley hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos is definitely no 1 in the draft. Don't think North will bid on Darcy though because JHF is clear no 2. Giants or Hawks will bid on him at 3 or 4.

Does someone get forced out of their midfield? Gold Coast have plenty of picks to trade and need decent players, sure they could package a pick this year with next year's first for whoever the odd man out is.

Does someone get forced out of their midfield? Gold Coast have plenty of picks to trade and need decent players, sure they could package a pick this year with next year's first for whoever the odd man out is.
Lipinski is already being forced out, and we've previously changed Wallis' role due to the midfield depth. I honestly don't see anyone else leaving, even though I think we could afford to lose another.

I think the pies will be fine. It is looking like the draft will go JHF, Darcy, Daicos. In this case, they only need 80 more points for Daicos. Even Ned Guy find that many without any pain.
How do the Dogs make the space on their list? As I understand it, you need the same number of spots available on your list as picks you use? if you plan to use 5 picks to secure enough points for Darcy then you'll need 5 spots on your list (3 more after Jong and Lipinski) - who else will you release?

How do the Dogs make the space on their list? As I understand it, you need the same number of spots available on your list as picks you use? if you plan to use 5 picks to secure enough points for Darcy then you'll need 5 spots on your list (3 more after Jong and Lipinski) - who else will you release?
It shouldn't be too hard. Not my team, but if I had to guess. Jong, Hayes, maybe Cavarra, will be delisted and at least three of Lipinski, Wallis, West, Young and Sweet will go elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back