Recommitted Sean Darcy [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein will play about 150 more games than Darcy will.
Interesting prediction, wrong but interesting. At the age Darcy is at now, Goldstein had played 101 games. Darcy has played 98.

They are 10 years apart in age. You think Darcy is only playing another 67 games + what ever Goldstein plays at his new club?

Interesting prediction, wrong but interesting. At the age Darcy is at now, Goldstein had played 101 games. Darcy has played 98.

They are 10 years apart in age. You think Darcy is only playing another 67 games + what ever Goldstein plays at his new club?

Yep.

I'd be surprised if Darcy gets to 200 games tbh.

He's been hobbling around for 18 months and it's not going to get easier with his frame and knee as he hits his late 20's.

Do oppo supporters run with the "Darcy is always injured" line just to piss Freo supporters off or do you actually think that?

If it's the former, it's working.

If it's the latter, seriously?
"Tom Mitchell left the Swans because he couldn't get game time"

Fans rarely know whats going on outside of their own club

Do oppo supporters run with the "Darcy is always injured" line just to piss Freo supporters off or do you actually think that?

Are you saying he hasn't been seriously impacted physically over the last 12-18 months?

Why the massive drop off in form from his 2021 season then in 2022 and then even further in 2023 then?

if he could just stop getting injured during fantasy finals time, that'd be nice.

Are you saying he hasn't been seriously impacted physically over the last 12-18 months?

Why the massive drop off in form from his 2021 season then in 2022 and then even further in 2023 then?
He got injured late this year and played just about every game the two years before.

What are you on about re a massive drop off in form? He was sensational early this year and was very good last year

If you're trying to confirm you know little about his last few years consider your job complete.

He got injured late this year and played just about every game the two years before.

What are you on about re a massive drop off in form? He was sensational early this year and was very good last year

If you're trying to confirm you know little about his last few years consider your job complete.

It seems I know more about him than you then.

His best year in his career was 2021.

2022 was a drop off from that.

2023 was a drop off of 2022.

He was probably the best ruckman in the comp in 2021.

He's probably not been a top 5 ruck the previous 2 years.

I'd argue he dropped off quite a bit last year but at the start of the year this year, he was single handily keeping us in games. It was basically the Serong and Darcy show. He was 100% back to his best this year

I'd argue he dropped off quite a bit last year but at the start of the year this year, he was single handily keeping us in games. It was basically the Serong and Darcy show. He was 100% back to his best this year
There was a drop off, but the narrative that he's on some sort of injury riddled downhill slide is just ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was absolutely awesome for us for most of this year, you are wrong. Frankly, I think it's actually nuts you think Bell would let him go for anything that didnt include pick 2 or 3 as a starting point. Particularly given the likely McKay compo and getting AFL assistance, like if the twitter nuffies arent full of it, he's going to cost the farm

He was absolutely awesome for us for most of this year, you are wrong. Frankly, I think it's actually nuts you think Bell would let him go for anything that didnt include pick 2 or 3 as a starting point. Particularly given the likely McKay compo and get AFL assistance, like if the twitter nuffies arent full of it, he's going to cost the farm

It's just as nuts thinking a club would be handing over "pick 2 or 3 as a starting point" when we can simply tap him up for 12 months for free agency in 2024 for nothing.

Kind of defeats the purpose of getting in a quality player if you sell the farm for him.

I suspect there's nothing in the Darcy rumors while he's under contract, next year will be a different story....

I'm not arguing he wasn't better in 2021, but he was still very good in 2022. He also played 21 games...so how does that fit into your injury narrative?

Also, I'll just presume you didn't watch him this year because you're so far off the mark it isn't funny.

I'm sure you know more about NM players than I do so let's just say we're even.

Darcy has just been waiting for the new CBA to drop before he extends. The free Clarko meal is to get an extra year or a tiny bit more dollars. He's not leaving.

Well, he's done a hamstring and missed games this year. Then had ankle ligament damage requiring surgery and missed more games. He's certainly well and truly above the threshold of "never injured"

It's just as nuts thinking a club would be handing over "pick 2 or 3 as a starting point" when we can simply tap him up for 12 months for free agency in 2024 for nothing.

Kind of defeats the purpose of getting in a quality player if you sell the farm for him.

I suspect there's nothing in the Darcy rumors while he's under contract, next year will be a different story....
That's fair enough but like, if a trade went through this year, the cost would be actually ridiculous. There are a lot of Senior Freo jobs on the line next year and they arent giving up a contracted 25 year old gun to bring in kids unless they simply cant say no.

I think you also might be adamant Darcy regressed further this year because his game against North was some bizarre anomaly for the year where they parked him in the forwardline and he was terrible.

I'm not arguing he wasn't better in 2021, but he was still very good in 2022. He also played 21 games...so how does that fit into your injury narrative?

Also, I'll just presume you didn't watch him this year because you're so far off the mark it isn't funny.

I'm sure you know more about NM players than I do so let's just say we're even.

Did I say he missed games through injury?

I said I don't think he's got a massive amount of football in him and compared him directly to Goldstein. You took offence to that and compared their games to date, which I don't care about, especially as Goldstein is of the most durable ruckman in the history of the game that's going to go on for another 2 years at 35 years of age.....

Darcy is a ******* gun ruckman, but he's also a colossus, with an ultra heavy frame, whose had knee issues the last 12 months, the type of body and playing style that we see time and time again doesn't last well into a players 30's.

If you think he's going to play 350 games, fair enough. I don't.

Well, he's done a hamstring and missed games this year. Then had ankle ligament damage requiring surgery and missed more games. He's certainly well and truly above the threshold of "never injured"
Who said he's never injured? I presume you put that in italics to suggest it's a quote?

Unfortunately for Fremantle, Sean Darcy is a pre-agent. Personally I wouldn't even blink at giving up pick 3 for the lad, because I think he's very good, but you're not getting anything more than that and it wouldn't surprise me if you had to give something minuscule back.

The alternative is you get compensation for him next year (assuming he leaves) which lands, I assume, somewhere between 7 and 14.

We are in the exact same situation with Tim English. Drafted the same year, contract ends and will be a free agent next year, interest from interstate etc. Whilst it'd be nice to get a top pick for Tim, it doesn't make any sense for anyone to pay it, and Fremantle would absolutely be questioning (assuming it is on the table) whether pick 3 was worth more to them a year earlier than what ever they get next year. This is all assuming he is looking to leave, which I don't really see happening.

Did I say he missed games through injury?

I said I don't think he's got a massive amount of football in him and compared him directly to Goldstein. You took offence to that and compared their games to date, which I don't care about, especially as Goldstein is of the most durable ruckman in the history of the game that's going to go on for another 2 years at 35 years of age.....

Darcy is a ******* gun ruckman, but he's also a colossus, with an ultra heavy frame, whose had knee issues the last 12 months, the type of body and playing style that we see time and time again doesn't last well into a players 30's.

If you think he's going to play 350 games, fair enough. I don't.
I've never said anything about him being compared to Goldy.

I'm just suggesting the notion that he is often injured is an incorrect one.

P.S. I don't get offended about posts on BF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back