Recommitted Sean Darcy [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

As a start sure. Top 5 ruck with 8 or 9 years left in him and in contract.

Jackson cost us two firsts (one being a top 5) and a second out of contract.

do the math

Except he quite possibly doesn't have 8-9 years left in him does he?

He might not even have 100 games left in him.

I don't even think 2 or 3 would be near on the table tbh.

Pick 11 is around the mark for him, even then it still carries plenty of risk.

He's a pre-agent in the same position as Tim English, I'm not breaking the bank for someone I can get for nothing next year. The same way WCE wouldn't for English this year.

On the surface you'd think pick 2 is about fair, but we're entering GC/GWS territory for player retention (without the ridiculous concessions), so I doubt we'd go down without a fight.
Yep,
Although if we could flip the value at the same time and secure say, Naughton. It would change it a little bit as Jackson would be a pure ruck and we would replace his output up forward.

Just a straight Darcy for picks would only work with a mature replacement coming within 12 months. Darcy this year for a Kings Ransom and Naughton as a free agent next year would be some sort of coup that would still look horrible up until the end of the 2024 trade period.

On the surface you'd think pick 2 is about fair, but we're entering GC/GWS territory for player retention (without the ridiculous concessions), so I doubt we'd go down without a fight.
For sure, but the fix isn’t demanding overs for players, that’s been proven by Fremantle getting (in my opinion) overs for a few of those that have left. There has to be a reason players are consistently wanting out.

yeah and other clubs get premium for their in contract players…we’re just supposed to give them away

we gave two firsts and a second. Melbourne got the cream.

im not releasing Darcy for one draft pick.
With the greatest of respect, you gave a mid-late first, what your team hoped would be another mid-late first and a second.

That is worth less than pick 2.

If North got the pick 11 priority pick thats been floated you think that would be a good place to start

Pick 11 is around the mark.
No chance your club tries to move Darcy contracted and expects to keep both 2 and 3.

We'll laugh you out of the room for 11 alone.

For sure, but the fix isn’t demanding overs for players, that’s been proven by Fremantle getting (in my opinion) overs for a few of those that have left. There has to be a reason players are consistently wanting out.
I do not believe for 1 second that what we receive in trades has anything to do with players wanting to leave. If it does, I'm glad they left because they are dumb ****s.

If North got the pick 11 priority pick thats been floated you think that would be a good place to start

Exactly.

Fremantle fans have been dealing with GC for to long. Getting Pick 2 for the Wellers of the world isn't the norm.

I mean, there's very few players with a top 3 pick in the league at the trade table and Darcy with knee injuries, who is a free agent in 12 months isn't one of them.

No chance your club tries to move Darcy contracted and expects to keep both 2 and 3.

We'll laugh you out of the room for 11 alone.

I do not believe for 1 second that what we receive in trades has anything to do with players wanting to leave. If it does, I'm glad they left because they are dumb ****s.

There's about 20 players in the league worth a straight top 3 pick at the trade table in the entire league, most of them are under 23 and miles away from FA.

Sean Darcy ( a free agent in 12 months) with biscuit knees isn't one of them.

TBH, I wouldn't even want to give up #11 for him, I'd be starting at Port's pick (#14).

Talk of pick 2 or 3 for Darcy is laughable frankly.

Keep him and continue to play Jackson as a forward then. We will have a chat to him next year and you can get your Band 1 compo in a year full of midfielders.

There's about 20 players in the league worth a straight top 3 pick at the trade table in the entire league, most of them are under 23 and miles away from FA.

Sean Darcy ( a free agent in 12 months isn't one of them) with biscuit knees isn't one of them.

TBH, I wouldn't even want to give up #11 for him, I'd be starting at Port's pick (#14).
I'm not saying he's "worth" pick 3, I'm saying we're just not trading him for 11. So at that point, its up to North to decide how much they'd actually want him. You can quote this in the unlikely even he wants the trade, it will be 2/3 or 11 + something else significant.

In any event, I don't believe he wants to play for North, so it's completely moot until he comes out and says the opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jack black wtf GIF

And that reason has changed, the whole club has changed and now those on the fringes are the ones wanting out rather than the best players. The only other factor now is the vast majority are managed by Colin Young.

a contracted sean darcy would not get traded for pick 11. pick 3 would be fair, or 11 with something else significant having to be traded. uninjured hes either the best or second best young ruck in the comp depending on how highly you rate briggs.

Pick 11 is around the mark for him, even then it still carries plenty of risk.

He's a pre-agent in the same position as Tim English, I'm not breaking the bank for someone I can get for nothing next year. The same way WCE wouldn't for English this year.
Yeah try again. It would be 2 and 3, and you'll have to find a sweetener.

Keep him and continue to play Jackson as a forward then. We will have a chat to him next year and you can get your Band 1 compo in a year full of midfielders.

happy to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back