What are you most worried about in regards to your team in the 2018 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

That we have a nothing year where the likes of Cunners, Ziebell and Brown drag us to wins over crap sides but young blokes don't come on.

End up 10th with a middling first round pick. If we're going to be crap, at least get a good pick. But I'd prefer the young blokes to really come on meaning we're looking good for 2019 regardless of pick.

Injuries to key players is my main concern. We've been copping it in recent times. A clean run with minimal injuries to key players, and I'll be very excited as to where we finish come end of season.

Really its just injuries. Would really like Rioli to get a good run at it, he's lost 13kg the year before being drafted and another 7kgs over this offseason, really trying hard off field with diet and extra training. Earned a reward of at least avoiding the infamous Rioli hamstring curse.

Same with Naitanui coming back from a knee, Lycett with knee and shoulder issues and Venables with foot and toe injuri3s last year.

- Defence (Ranked 12th in 2017 compared with a 3rd ranking attack)
- Expectations (Not all... but many are predicting a season of further improvement and climbing up the ladder. This club has a history of not handling expectations with the maturity required)
- Complacency (As the season unfolds in the first 4-6 weeks we will soon work out who the cellar dwellers are. We notoriously drop winnable games against teams in the bottom bracket when we have something to play for)
- Fixture (There are no easy games but the first three rounds look pretty tricky ... Adelaide, Fremantle away, Western Bulldogs ... in the worst case scenario of 0-3, do we have the ability to rebound? Not so sure)
- Supporter Base (Should be commended for sticking true in the worst few years in the clubs history... but the nauseating level of pre-season confidence is off the charts this year. Need a lot to go right. Thankfully players don't take much notice of supporter opinions because if they did we'd be in a bit of trouble)
- Injuries (as with 17 other clubs)

Biggest worry is that we'll have a West Coast 2016-style let-down because we made the grand final and failed miserably.

That West Coast side was painfully average though and completely overachieved that season. Adelaide of 2017 were a class above that (aside form their performance on the one day that mattered). Still hold hope that the Crows will be fine this season.

Thompson, Waite, Goldstein and Hartung play a majority of the season, leading us to a 10th-12th place finish.

It would be such a nothing season for us if that was the case, with those players taking crucial development games off the likes of Preuss, Durdin, McKay, Nielsen, Larkey, Wood, Mountford, J.Williams etc.

It would also likely result in us having to use our first pick in the 2018 draft on Thomas, losing the opportunity to get an elite talent as well as our academy/FS picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our ruck situation is a concern. Longer is injured, and even if fit I'm not sure he's any good yet, Hickey is a huge question mark.

Thompson, Waite, Goldstein and Hartung play a majority of the season, leading us to a 10th-12th place finish.

It would be such a nothing season for us if that was the case, with those players taking crucial development games off the likes of Preuss, Durdin, McKay, Nielsen, Larkey, Wood, Mountford, J.Williams etc.

It would also likely result in us having to use our first pick in the 2018 draft on Thomas, losing the opportunity to get an elite talent as well as our academy/FS picks.
If Hartung went to a private school you can pencil him in for 22 games.

Scott has a need to polish a hawthorn turd for some reason and if Hartung was a prefect...That's all it takes with Brad.

Building to fail as usual.

High/ weight of expectations on Nic Nat - Personally my expectations are tempered to avoid dissapointment but there's fans out there that think he will be the Natianui of 2015. It'll be some time before he feels fully comfortable and confident in that knee again particularly as it is his leaping knee.

Weight of expectation on Liam Ryan - No doubt offensively he has plenty of tricks but I'm still not convinced he has what it takes defensively in terms of applying pressure and tackling at ground level

Being trampled by 70,000 Richmond fans at half time as they leave round 1 during the 3/4 time break 65 points down.
This is the problem with dreams. They aren't always coherent. Are we are going to trample you at halftime and/or 3/4 time???

I think you forgot the 3rd and final trampling when the Tigers supporters flood back into the ground to see the 11th straight goal of the final qtr and an amazing 1 point victory on the final siren.

Best you stay home that night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back