Prediction What deals don't get done?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Kelly gets done. There's no reason for Geelong to accept anything that's not extraordinary.

I think Kelly's management came into it expecting 'compassion' to be the trigger that got Geelong to roll over, but they shot themselves in the foot early on.

Will Happen: Hogan, Lobb, Shiel, May, Neale, Beams

Clicks into place once Neale is sorted.

Won’t Happen: Kelly - will take something surprising or some goodwill from another club. Probably GWS if anyone.

Wingard I think is still interesting. I think Port want shot of him but will Hawthorn be able to give them what they want?

Busy day tomorrow either way! - 10 teams still knee deep and keen to deal.

Kelly the obvious one. I understand the factors but expecting Geelong to trade an elite player on minimum wage for unders, especially with their demographics is asking too much. They’re gearing up for one last shot, losing Kelly torpedoes their (very slim) chances.

With a bit more subtlety and engagement respectively from the manager and wife things may have been different.

Kelly the obvious one. I understand the factors but expecting Geelong to trade an elite player on minimum wage for unders, especially with their demographics is asking too much. They’re gearing up for one last shot, losing Kelly torpedoes their (very slim) chances.

With a bit more subtlety and engagement respectively from the manager and wife things may have been different.
Yeah agree accept for the unders. Think our offer was reasonable but Geelong wants an exceptional deal in pick 10 or less. A bit of an unusual stance when there is a genuine family issue as normaly the deal gets done in those circumstance. Having said that i can understands the decision from there perspective.

Yeah agree accept for the unders. Think our offer was reasonable but Geelong wants an exceptional deal in pick 10 or less. A bit of an unusual stance when there is a genuine family issue as normaly the deal gets done in those circumstance. Having said that i can understands the decision from there perspective.
"Genuinely family issues" and yet he wont go to Freo??

Seems disengenuine to me

"Genuinely family issues" and yet he wont go to Freo??

Seems disengenuine to me
Everyone seems to be on the same page about this except West Coast supporters..

Explain to me how this situation is different to a player requesting a trade to a specific Vic team for "family" reasons?

I'll wait...

He's only given one year of service to the club and West coast ignored him 6 times in the draft. The absolute nerve of that club for talking to him all year. They also still clearly don't rate him by offering two late picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why people think Shiel wont get done. I'm not happy to lose him but the point if no return is in the rear view mirror I think. There seems to be agreement on the makings of a deal, and just the details to sort.

I'm not sure about Kelly, but I do think he should consider a new manager. Pissing off the Cats was always unlikely to help create goodwill, which might have helped.

Not sure why people think Shiel wont get done. I'm not happy to lose him but the point if no return is in the rear view mirror I think. There seems to be agreement on the makings of a deal, and just the details to sort.

I'm not sure about Kelly, but I do think he should consider a new manager. Pissing off the Cats was always unlikely to help create goodwill, which might have helped.

Yep, Reckon Essendon and GWS have a deal in place and either McCartney or Dodoro are trying to make it better with another side deal.

Explain to me how this situation is different to a player requesting a trade to a specific Vic team for "family" reasons?

I'll wait...
Looks like you didn't need to wait very long. My original comment still stands.
He's only given one year of service to the club and West coast ignored him 6 times in the draft. The absolute nerve of that club for talking to him all year. They also still clearly don't rate him by offering two late picks.

What the hell does ignored him 6 times in draft have to do with anything? Geelong along with every other afl team could have drafted him those 6 times as well. Geelong being sooks about it and will be funny when he quits the team prior to start of 2019

Except they do, given the 5 year $3mil deal on the table.

It's Schroedinger's rating

What the hell does ignored him 6 times in draft have to do with anything? Geelong along with every other afl team could have drafted him those 6 times as well. Geelong being sooks about it and will be funny when he quits the team prior to start of 2019
The difference is Geelong actually did draft him

Which Eagles were going to do but Geelong trying to be 'smart' didn't do their due diligence
Woulda, shoulda, coulda

Tim said during his combine interviews he was happy to play anywhere, which is why he nominated for the national draft. Go check out the meaning of the word ''National"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back