NFL What's Happened to the Pro Bowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham,Chargers,Blazers,Flyers
From the AFC there are to many players to count that have pulled out of the pro bowl, ive got the feeling that the pro bowl doesnt mean that much any more to the players.

and can someone tell me why Brady and Moss pulled out, cause it cant be because of injury?????

Still crying about the Superbowl loss i guess

Re: Whats hapened to the NFL Pro Bowl

Mizza, the pro-bowl hasn't meant anything to anyone for years.

It is why the NFL are planning on rescheduling it because after the SB nobody gives a toss.

Players that do play use it as an opportunity to reward family, friends and team-mates with a trip, nobody is there to perform.

From the AFC there are to many players to count that have pulled out of the pro bowl, ive got the feeling that the pro bowl doesnt mean that much any more to the players.

and can someone tell me why Brady and Moss pulled out, cause it cant be because of injury?????

Still crying about the Superbowl loss i guess
lol...i wonder why. SHAME!!!

nobody is there to perform.

I beg to differ, JD...

[YOUTUBE]tI_A4BYyT-0[/YOUTUBE]

"His first 30, it was like he was lifting a salad fork" :D

I thought the Pro Bowl was a reward for the players and their families?

Ie: They go down to Hawaii for a Holiday and take their families and just have a great time.

The only All Star game in North America that really had any meaning was baseball...but that has been diluted, despite Fox's best intention- "This time it counts."

Stars that play in the Super Bowl quite often bow out of the Pro Bowl- win or lose- they are worn out from the big game, and really don't give a stuff about a trip to Hawaii.

Nobody really cares over here, tbh

Being named a Prowbowler means a lot more to the players then actually playign the game. Many players have incentives attached to ProBowl selections and agents certainly milk the fact on behalf of their clients come free agency time.

The only All Star game in North America that really had any meaning was baseball...but that has been diluted, despite Fox's best intention- "This time it counts."

Doesn't the All Star Baseball game now decide which League has the home field advantage in the World Series?

I don't see the need to play any of these games. As Brasher says, just getting selected is enough. It's like All-Australian in the AFL, who cares they don't play as long as you get picked. That's why they should pick State of Origin teams every year but don't worry about playing the silly games (apologies for the AFL o/t)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back