Which game(s) are you most excited about your team playing this season

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Which game or games are you most excited to see your team play this year?
For the tigers it doesn’t get much bigger or exciting than the first 2 rounds. First up raise the flag against the old enemy in front of 90,000 plus to kick off the season and then round 2 travel to Adelaide for the grand final rematch.
Numerous other big games throughout the year such as Anzac eve and Dreamtime as well.
So which games involving your team are you most excited about?

- Round 1 vs Giants in Canberra - a huge test to show where the Dogs are at (I have absolutely no idea after last season) against strong opposition
- Round 3 vs Essendon - Stringer's first against us
- Round 11 & 17 vs Melbourne - I think both Dogs vs Dees games this year could be a great match-ups, provided we aren't in 2017 mode again

round 1 v Geelong at the G

Great game to see the Dees test themselves out early on.

Ablett, Dangerfield & Selwood v Viney, Petracca & Oliver in the centre square for the opening bounce would be great

It was only a few years ago when I could have arrogantly said, "The Grand Final". Sigh.

I'm looking forward to our round 1 clash with Collingwood. What better way to start the season than with a battle for 12th place?

Richmond v carlton - First game of the seaon + unfurling the flag...!
Richmond v Adelaide - AO
Richmond v Geelong - wherever
Richmond v ? - The grand final @ MCG (Richmond's home ground)......... if we get there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Round 1 vs Giants in Canberra - a huge test to show where the Dogs are at (I have absolutely no idea after last season) against strong opposition
- Round 3 vs Essendon - Stringer's first against us
- Round 11 & 17 vs Melbourne - I think both Dogs vs Dees games this year could be a great match-ups, provided we aren't in 2017 mode again

The Great Western is my favourite rivalry since that unreal prelim. Last years Canberra game was an absolute cracker too.

And for us, vs Collingwood round 1 for starters. Going to sit on the couch with a few beers and have a really good look at just what Hawthorn we are going to get in 2018. Usually play well against the Pies so pretty confident going in too.

Always enjoy playing against the Dogs too because of a family rivalry.

And always look forward to games against Geelong and then usually wonder why once it's over.

Anzac Eve v Richmond. Hopefully we can finish the game with a ruckman and players on the bench this time.

yeh hopefully we have vlastuin, edwards, graham and a fully fit prestia this time round from our premiership side instead of conca, short and markov

we even had todd elton instead of townsend so we were a man down before we started that game

Pretty much all of them, all games are a piece of the bolton master rebuild puzzle.

Each tackle, assist, kick, handball, mark, goal, 1%'er contribute are small parts of the journey being taken to return Carlton to the top.

It's a genuinely exciting time to be a fan of football and Carlton as we see the beginnings of something destined to be great unfold

R1 v Adelaide - Seeing the new recruits team up with our new-look midfield and getting an idea of if it's success or disaster.

R3 v Bulldogs - Will Stringer go ballistic to stick it to the Dogs?

R5 v Collingwood - ANZAC Day, always a great crowd and atmosphere.

R11 v Richmond - Dreamtime, good crowd and a strong opposition.

Probably the highlights for the first half of the season for me.

ANZAC eve against Melbourne.

I think there’s a real chance of the crowd being bigger than ANZAC day, and there’s been a good rivalry between the clubs over the last few years.

Richmond v ? - The grand final @ MCG (Richmond's home ground)......... if we get there
Hopefully against an interstate club who get no special list or salary cap concessions; possibly a Port Adelaide.

The AFL should do the right thing and use the same umpires, as a reward for the superlative job they did in the 2017 Grand Final.

The highlights for me

Round 1 v Melbourne - First real look at the big 3 together, set the tone for the season etc
Round 2 & 21 v Hawthorn - Always crackers, biggest rivalry etc. I suspect they'll be pretty average this year but will still get up for these game, at least round 2 while their season has meaning.
Round 10 v Carlton - Apparently they drew the short straw out of the clubs that hardly ever play against us at KP. Would have loved for it to be an Essendon, Collingwood, Hawthorn or even Richmond again for the tears but playing any of the (bigger) Victorian clubs at KP is something I look forward to.
Round 13 v Richmond - How do we respond to losing a final against them?
Round 17 v Adelaide - See above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back