Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose the crows best under 25 mid?
No gun springs to mind that I’d take ahead of Simpkin, LDU, JHF, Tarryn Thomas, Will Phillips, Tom Powell or stephenson
Harry Schoenberg is the one for sure
I’d have him ahead of Will Phillips, Tom Powell and Stephenson currently
Simpkin, LDU, JHF and Tarryn Thomas all ahead of him I really liked Tarryns 2021 season

Whose the crows best under 25 mid?
No gun springs to mind that I’d take ahead of Simpkin, LDU, JHF, Tarryn Thomas, Will Phillips, Tom Powell or stephenson
Mate, Schoenberg was lined up directly on LDU for a lot of that round 23 game and he absolutely torched him. He's an elite talent and only 20. None of our mids could handle his pace and power out of the stoppage. McHenry looks really good too and Keays is only 24. Sholl was BOG in our game earlier in the season.

Mate, Schoenberg was lined up directly on LDU for a lot of that round 23 game and he absolutely torched him. He's an elite talent and only 20. None of our mids could handle his pace and power out of the stoppage. McHenry looks really good too and Keays is only 24. Sholl was BOG in our game earlier in the season.
Yeah probably not gonna judge it based on 1 game against us

Big fan of Schoenberg. His rate of improvement was superb this year.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that, be my guest, because North hierarchy should be shitting themselves after that game if there is any honesty in that group.

Allow a lack of professionalism to be acceptable, and it does not matter who you draft/trade-in, you're failing a rebuild, and it's unfortunate that you weren't given a chance to respond to it. A complete disregard to putting in any effort whatsoever, be it round 1, or 23 tells you everything you need to know about a group, and it's they don't have it in them to be a unit that gets you through this period without serious changes, especially to the senior core/leadership side of things. Even more so in a game that's essentially a free hit, against a team that was certainly there for the taking (after all, we went in with one of the least experienced lineups in 2021).

There was absolutely nothing for Adelaide to learn, but that's not because it's round 23, just that North was so abysmal that it denied us of anything useful from that game.
Jesus, that's a ton of hyperbole around a round 23 dead rubber game.

It's especially hilarious considering the Crows lost to the same North side by 69 points in 2020.

Maybe it's not a failed rebuild, and just an off day after traveling for the last game of the season. No doubt Noble won't be happy with the effort, and it'll surely be brought up a bunch of times during the preseason, but a young team tiring by the end of the season isn't the end of the world.

Given North Melbourne are well stacked for half forwards and midfielders, any chance Tarryn Thomas plays as a half back flanker? He would dominate in that role with his elite skills.

Given North Melbourne are well stacked for half forwards and midfielders, any chance Tarryn Thomas plays as a half back flanker? He would dominate in that role with his elite skills.
potentially but just think he’s too damaging forward of the ball

we probably will look to use Goater and Perez as our half backs

Luke McDonald also will play that wing/hbf role

This.

North are clearly ahead as it stands. Then Hawks, followed by Adelaide.

Let's see how the youngsters at the Hawks and Adelaide develop this season, though they'll likely still be firmly behind North.

List stats out now . Not surprisingly currently these 3 sides sit in the last 3 spots .

18th ADELAIDE -Age 23.4
18th for -Games 46

17th NORTH -Age 23.5
16th for -Games 55

16th HAWTHORN -Age 23.8
11th for -Games 61

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List stats out now . Not surprisingly currently these 3 sides sit in the last 3 spots .

18th ADELAIDE -Age 23.4
18th for -Games 46

17th NORTH -Age 23.5
16th for -Games 55

16th HAWTHORN -Age 23.8
11th for -Games 61
That’s promising for Hawthorn tbh as it shows they’ve proactively blooded their youth.

That’s promising for Hawthorn tbh as it shows they’ve proactively blooded their youth.
Yep, not before time. It was only July of last year they were averaging 27-28 years old per game. Certainly been a change in their approach and age demographic.

Tarryn will be the starting RR next year and beyond with periods resting forward. Has all the attributes of a Bontempelli or Petracca type. 190cm, hard with a big frame, great athleticism and agility, silky skills and knows where the goals are.

Aaron Hall will be playing HBF for at least a couple more years, after that it'll be Goater or possibly Lazzaro, whoever emerges to take that position. Personally I think Flynn Perez could emerge as a serious contender for the role if he can get a favourable run with injury.

He could. kinda like what Hall did for us this year and almost won the B&F doing it.
I'd probably prefer him center forward where he could do more damage and impact the scoreboard, but he has absolutely could be handy off half back with his tools.

From and outsiders perspective I reckon the hawks and adelaide still have a few holes to fill in their respective sides.
As a North fan I'd say our only deficiency would probably be a young key defender/interceptor at this stage.\
The defence is our oldest area on field but we've got guys like lazzaro, perez, goater etc coming through alongside ben mckay.
The rest of the side just needs time but we'll have an elite midfield and a pretty amazing forward line.
A true small forward is also an area of need but we've got a few really talented guys vying for that position so I'm not too worried.

Seems like the trend these days is to trade for or bring in a mature aged defender to fill needs as they have an immediate impact so I expect North to go that route in the future.

From and outsiders perspective I reckon the hawks and adelaide still have a few holes to fill in their respective sides.
As a North fan I'd say our only deficiency would probably be a young key defender/interceptor at this stage.\
The defence is our oldest area on field but we've got guys like lazzaro, perez, goater etc coming through alongside ben mckay.
The rest of the side just needs time but we'll have an elite midfield and a pretty amazing forward line.
A true small forward is also an area of need but we've got a few really talented guys vying for that position so I'm not too worried.

Seems like the trend these days is to trade for or bring in a mature aged defender to fill needs as they have an immediate impact so I expect North to go that route in the future.

Your only deficiency is every area of the ground from where I sit.

Your side hardly played a good game all year which doesn't say much for your youth.

Your only deficiency is every area of the ground from where I sit.

Your side hardly played a good game all year which doesn't say much for your youth.
You've got to be joking me mate.
I agree 2021 was s**t but its not as bad as you're calling it.
If you truly think this way then you're in for a rude awakening in 2022.

You've got to be joking me mate.
I agree 2021 was sh*t but its not as bad as you're calling it.
If you truly think this way then you're in for a rude awakening in 2022.
Your midfield looks great, Greenwood, Cunnington, Goldstein as the old blokes and a wide array of talent when it comes to everything else, Athletic possible mid in Goater, Simpkin, Thomas, JHF, Powell, Phillips and so on. Alot of bases covered, i'd like to see a pure running winger to join that group and it'd be beyond unreal.

Need a ruck imo, don't see one that i can confidently say will be good enough, or has played games to prove it yet.

Defenders are lacking in quality and quantity i'd say as the weak part of the ground. A few players who can make the move to be the next in and so on but none locked in yet or proven through talent at any level.

Forwardline looks pretty good but has some little additions needed.

Your midfield looks great, Greenwood, Cunnington, Goldstein as the old blokes and a wide array of talent when it comes to everything else, Athletic possible mid in Goater, Simpkin, Thomas, JHF, Powell, Phillips and so on. Alot of bases covered, i'd like to see a pure running winger to join that group and it'd be beyond unreal.

Need a ruck imo, don't see one that i can confidently say will be good enough, or has played games to prove it yet.

Defenders are lacking in quality and quantity i'd say as the weak part of the ground. A few players who can make the move to be the next in and so on but none locked in yet or proven through talent at any level.

Forwardline looks pretty good but has some little additions needed.
Wait until lazzaro comes on.
Agree re ruckman, and that's why we'll be playing 2 every week in 2022. Gotta get games into the young guys somehow.
Mckay is going to go to another level in 2022 but I agree he needs some backup in the area. We have the likes of Corr to cover but he's not really the same age group. Hopefully we can address this in the next couple of drafts/trade periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back