Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both good players.

Neither are future stars of the comp.

Take the Champion Data 'elite' list out of it for a second.

Scrimshaw is an athletic, tall intercepting defender with high footy IQ and incredible skills.

Dylan Moore is an elite runner who finished inside the top half dozen players in the competition for tackles inside 50, kicked 27 goals (including twice being a match winner with individual brilliance) and in the second half of the season was rated alongside Zac Bailey, Max King and Tarryn Thomas as one of the best talents in the AFL under the age of 23. (I don't recall what this rating was based on, but it was highlighted on On The Couch).

You don't trade two players with those skill sets and exposed form for ONE player who (on exposed form at least) isn't above them.

The players in the competition currently that I'd even consider making that trade for are Christian Petracca, Marcus Bontempelli and 2017 Dustin Martin.

What? Moore kicked 3 times as many goals as him in 2021. Twice as many disposals.

He may turn in to a great player but Moore was far better than him last year. Not even close.
They are both rated elite so no need to argue about splitting them

Taryn Thomas isn't though

I think the chip you see is but a mere reflection of you looking into a mirror
Pretty much every Hawk poster in here is only here to back their players up.

North fans can’t talk about their players without taking a swipe at Hawthorn players.

The suggestion that Scrimshaw and Moore wouldn’t be equal to a North player who wasn’t even mentioned, really is the perfect example.

Can you name 2 young small forwards who had a better year than Moore last year?

Moore is a very good young player.

Scrimshaw has showed good signs.

Neither has shown anything like becoming a 20+ goal a game midfielder.

Pretty much every Hawk poster in here is only here to back their players up.

North fans can’t talk about their players without taking a swipe at Hawthorn players.

The suggestion that Scrimshaw and Moore wouldn’t be equal to a North player who wasn’t even mentioned, really is the perfect example.

Oh sorry, I missed the link to where they were rated elite.

These things are always good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because neither are midfielders.

Does Dunstall lose out to Thomas as well, because, you know, he never played in the midfield in his entire career?

Someone said Moore wasnt an elite young player. I asked which young small forwards are ahead of him. I would think maybe Kozzy - who has a huge advantage given he is a small forward in a top team - given small forward is probably the most reliant on good delivery by midfielders.

Moore has already done it playing high half forward. Constantly started possession chains in our defensive half.

Does he need to spend time at centre bounces to validate his ability?

Married At First Sight Love GIF by Lifetime

Moore has already done it playing high half forward. Constantly started possession chains in our defensive half.

Does he need to spend time at centre bounces to validate his ability?

Yes

Nor would I

Thomas, JHF, Thilthorpe can all be top 10 players in the comp

Teams enjoy success, not individuals.

If Rachelle and Schoenberg are busts then it doesn't matter if Thillthorpe is the number 1 player in the AFL.

Scrimshaw and Moore are being underrated in here, but if you add them to Carlton's list (who desperately lack depth beyond their stars) it instantly makes them a finals contender.

I'd make a case for selecting Zac Bailey in a choice between him and Tarryn Thomas. Is Bailey viewed as a potential top 10 player in the game?

Some serious overrating of players based on nothing but potential and serious underrating of others in spite of exposed form.

I look forward to Tarryn Thomas kicking 50 goals and averaging 30 disposals a game to justify being equal to two very talented players in Scrimshaw and Moore.

If Rachelle and Schoenberg are busts then it doesn't matter if Thillthorpe is the number 1 player in the AFL.

Scrimshaw and Moore are being underrated in here, but if you add them to Carlton's list (who desperately lack depth beyond their stars) it instantly makes them a finals contender.

I'd make a case for selecting Zac Bailey in a choice between him and Tarryn Thomas. Is Bailey viewed as a potential top 10 player in the game?

Some serious overrating of players based on nothing but potential and serious underrating of others in spite of exposed form.

I look forward to Tarryn Thomas kicking 50 goals and averaging 30 disposals a game to justify being equal to two very talented players in Scrimshaw and Moore.
Schoenberg has already shown plenty to know he is going to be a decent long term player.

Did you not watch any of our games last year...

This response is all over the shop imo.

Also Moore had a very good season. And scrimshaw shows strong promise. Both would make North better as we need both of their types.

Moore would be a great upgrade on Mahoney and scrimshaw would instantly become our best rebounding young defender.

But is Thomas just “potential”? He won more Brownlow votes than Moore and scrimshaw this year combined. And almost as many coaches votes as the two combined. He’s also younger than both.

He was a 20 possession 2 goal a game player for the second half of the season. Kicked 3 less goals than Moore but spent half his time in the midfield.

He had a delayed pre season last year after his sydomosis injury in 2020. This pre season he’s doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back