Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try expanding beyond the Adelaide board

Have. Been on the main board too and the votes for North Melbourne in this poll tells me they're all over the site.

Here come the thread bumps after each match these teams play.

Loved the look of Sheez regardless. A real shame he didn't end up at his beloved Hawthorn.

Win, lose or draw today I'm just pumped to see how Newcombe, Ward, Macdonald, Day and Mackenzie play together. The future is theirs.

I understand the point. And you are right, people will criticism you both ways. I am just saying that this is the classic 'clarko effect' (borrowing a phrase from flogstradamus)... Play old journeymen like Greenwood rather than exposing youth like will Phillips.

For us, i am really happy that Mitchell decided to phase out the 'greenwood' types because he wants our young guys to play 50 games asap regardless of results. That won't happen with clarko.

Our clubs are in different phases as you've had recent success in footy parlance I do mean.

We've finished 17th, 18th, 18th you run a risk of players becoming conditioned to losing, which is where I'd suggest we were. Our VFL side was also getting smacked. I've no issue if some of our young guys cut their teeth at the lower levels and help us start winning.

I don't want another season of 2/3 wins and being belted every other week.

Shiels and Greenwood if they didn't play yesterday we lose.

Pick 4 - LDU we didn't work some magic to get him, he's at North cause we had a horrid 2017
Pick 8- Tarryn Thomas ( we blew this pick by the way we went around drafting him, swapping a pic for Polec
Pick 31- Charlie Comben, played his 3rd game yesterday and seems to have his long list of broken bones behind him- he did good:)
Pick 3- Wil Phillips came on and replaced the injured Xerri, did ok
Pick 13- Tom Powell i think he's a special footballer

2021- this is the year we killed the draft and absolutely nailed it and about bloody time. Yesterday's side contained 3 and not 4 due to injury. Yep we lost JHF, but have been well compensated for that. And then got

Pick 22- Goater
Pick 35- Curtis
Pick 38- Bergman
Pick 59- Archer

Pick 3- Sheezel
Pick 4- Wardlaw
Pick 26- George

So through seasons of being shite, we have managed to build an impressive list of young talented footballers. Again not via being clever but by being incompetent on the field.

You guys are now starting out a rebuilding process and will have ups and downs along the way. I don't think you'll be a s bad as we were, well unless you employ Noble as coach:p

We have enough young talent and also a further two first-rounders to add later in the year. May well be 3 if someone is stupid enough to pay McKay a fortune. It is time for North to head up the ladder.

Hey should you ( Hawks) finish last, not saying you will but it does come with benefits :)

Our clubs are in different phases as you've had recent success in footy parlance I do mean.

We've finished 17th, 18th, 18th you run a risk of players becoming conditioned to losing, which is where I'd suggest we were. Our VFL side was also getting smacked. I've no issue if some of our young guys cut their teeth at the lower levels and help us start winning.

I don't want another season of 2/3 wins and being belted every other week.

Shiels and Greenwood if they didn't play yesterday we lose.

Pick 4 - LDU we didn't work some magic to get him, he's at North cause we had a horrid 2017
Pick 8- Tarryn Thomas ( we blew this pick by the way we went around drafting him, swapping a pic for Polec
Pick 31- Charlie Comben, played his 3rd game yesterday and seems to have his long list of broken bones behind him- he did good:)
Pick 3- Wil Phillips came on and replaced the injured Xerri, did ok
Pick 13- Tom Powell i think he's a special footballer

2021- this is the year we killed the draft and absolutely nailed it and about bloody time. Yesterday's side contained 3 and not 4 due to injury. Yep we lost JHF, but have been well compensated for that. And then got

Pick 22- Goater
Pick 35- Curtis
Pick 38- Bergman
Pick 59- Archer

Pick 3- Sheezel
Pick 4- Wardlaw
Pick 26- George

So through seasons of being shite, we have managed to build an impressive list of young talented footballers. Again not via being clever but by being incompetent on the field.

You guys are now starting out a rebuilding process and will have ups and downs along the way. I don't think you'll be a s bad as we were, well unless you employ Noble as coach:p

We have enough young talent and also a further two first-rounders to add later in the year. May well be 3 if someone is stupid enough to pay McKay a fortune. It is time for North to head up the ladder.

Hey should you ( Hawks) finish last, not saying you will but it does come with benefits :)
This hurts to say but I agree North has more talent and will move up the ladder (outside the bottom 4). I think we will be just below them and ahead of WC and GWS and in a battle with the scum (who should finish just ahead of us but might be adding tanking to their history of drug and salary cap offences)

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This hurts to say but I agree North has more talent and will move up the ladder (outside the bottom 4). I think we will be just below them and ahead of WC and GWS and in a battle with the scum (who should finish just ahead of us but might be adding tanking to their history of drug and salary cap offences)

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I kind of find it a tad strange that this thread contains the Hawks. Premiers in 2013, 14 and 15. Hardly a lifetime ago then a fourth-place finish in 2018.

I'd be happy with your lot if I was you. We last played a prelim in 2016. Not sure what we've been doing for the best part of 20 years.

ah well

Could have sworn I was hearing all about the Crows incredible midfield a week ago. A 22 year old has single handedly spanked the lot of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you seem very undersized and are warm fav now. Essington isn't much chop for that matter either.

I'd be disappointed if you beat us tbh. Not saying you can't/won't.

Textbook Clarko revenge game.

He will not let the Roos drop their bundle against the club that effectively sacked him despite being their most successful coach in their history.

A new Norm Smith/Kennett curse awaits the Hawks ? (Maybe :) )

Mitchell cut into the Hawks list too deep. In a world of pain for at least 3 more years (at an uneducated guess)

Not sure how you can come to that prediction. Footys a strange sport. A lot can happen in 12 months, let alone 36.

It will definitely be a painful 12 months but some nice positives today. Worpel looks to have his mojo back. Mackenzie looks the goods. Finn continuing to take another scalp.

Really need Lewis back or somehow for Kosi to become a competent KPF.

As I’ve said throughout, it’s very difficult for kids to show much when they’re fed to the wolves. Give them sufficient senior support and a good system, it’s a different story.

That has been very evident this weekend.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mitchell cut into the Hawks list too deep. In a world of pain for at least 3 more years (at an uneducated guess)

Yeah people said we did the same and they'd be right, the risk is if you don't you end up with middling finishes like North had done.

So we've decided enough is enough, and you then bring the experience back to try and assist your rise up the ladder.

As I’ve said throughout, it’s very difficult for kids to show much when they’re fed to the wolves. Give them sufficient senior support and a good system, it’s a different story.

That has been very evident this weekend.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Knew you'd come running in, you're predictable hahaha

It's obviously going to take more than one game for Hawthorn's new normal to settle in. They'll probably start putting in some good performances later in the year
Despite the final scoreline there was plenty to like from Ward, MacKenzie, Day, Worpel and Newcombe.

We got torn apart in transition and continued to let them get a free man forward.

SYL you hang a lot of s**t on North amd al Clarko.

Today was the softest Hawks side I have ever seen.
It was like a practice match

Couldn’t have been further from your roots. Essendon are horrid and ain’t going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back