Who are the league's best kicks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris masten for you blokes ;)
In all honesty Mastens kicking is pretty good (short to medium distance) and jk on record has stated that he loved leading to masten. The issue with Masten is that he is a squib that wouldn't know what composure is even if it hit him in the face and as a result turns to s**t when under pressure. You give Masten 5m of seperation at hf and he will take the tit off a leading forward with a low flying dart.

Priddis's on the other hand kicks like it's the first time he has seen a bloody football.

Buddy's field kick is under-rated.
Wow. That's so weird that you said that.

I loaded this thread, hadn't read a single post yet, look up to watch the footy and Buddy hit Reid lace out.

Then Wayne Carey proceeded to talk about how his field kicking in particular has improved out of sight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that guy called "The Cannon" still play? I remember him being an exceptional kick back when GC first started.
playing his first (and 100th game total) game since round 14 last year this weekend. his first year was pretty great, but kind of never excelled further. he's still a decent kick, but just seems to have struggled since his breakout season.

Mitchell and Pendlebury certainly stand out as two of the most intelligent kickers I've seen. Danger and the Bont's kicks always seem effective, and to hit their intended targets.
Danger ? Seriously there is a reason they call him Clangerfield.

Jetta, Pendles, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Rich, S.Hill, Shuey. The best IMO all different styles.

Last edited:
I believe that the kick rating is based on the pressure the kicker was under.

So a harder kick performed successfully under pressure achieves a higher rating.

So a player with a poor rating probably flubs kicks under no pressure

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

At the Doggies - Suckling does shank quite a bit, but when he is on, he can hit a 40 metre target from the near the boundary into the corridor - with unbelievable speed and accuracy - Caleb Daniel seems to always find a player - rarely wastes a possession.

But for me it has to be big Tex Walker --- ill never forget that 45 metre speering kick from the boundary kick to Charlie Cameron 35 metres out from goal - that sealed the game in the 2015 Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back