• St Kilda

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a probably bottom 4, but I have the very inexperienced Hawks winning the spoon.

Still think Weagles may avoid the bottom 4 winning enough games at home.

I feel like Hawks will avoid it, unless they get smacked by the injury stick. Whilst I'm pretty cold on their list (at this point), they're a spirited group and that's all you really need to avoid the spoon. I have them 2nd last, but wouldn't be surprised if they end up 13-15th.

I'd be very surprised if Weagles do. They just strike me as a group who's main players are just out for the paycheck right now, and don't have the fire in the belly to win a lot of games. If they sacked Simpson, I'd probably expect them to jump to mid-table.

By the time Windhager went off about 5 minutes into yesterdays game, we were missing arguably 10 of our best 22 (King, Membrey, Hayes, Hill, Ross, Jones, Windhager, Billings, Coffield and McKenzie- all 10 were in the seniors when last available for selection for an AFL game), so that could ring a few alarm-bells for Essendon, if you take much notice of preseason games.
Out of that lot I wouldn’t say Jones is a best 22 lock. But most of the others, yes

By the time Windhager went off about 5 minutes into yesterdays game, we were missing arguably 10 of our best 22 (King, Membrey, Hayes, Hill, Ross, Jones, Windhager, Billings, Coffield and McKenzie- all 10 were in the seniors when last available for selection for an AFL game), so that could ring a few alarm-bells for Essendon, if you take much notice of preseason games.
How many of them missed when they belted you last season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North by a long chalk. Has the worst list of any team this Century.

Would be their third spoon in a row and in 2020 they only avoided the spoon because their % was only slightly higher than the crows…if they win it again this season, they would arguably have had the worst 4 year stretch in modern afl history. Brutal for their supporters, who would have hope at the start of every season only to be let down time and time again. Big test for Clarko in the coming years.

Would be their third spoon in a row and in 2020 they only avoided the spoon because their % was only slightly higher than the crows…if they win it again this season, they would arguably have had the worst 4 year stretch in modern afl history. Brutal for their supporters, who would have hope at the start of every season only to be let down time and time again. Big test for Clarko in the coming years.

Clarkos first year improvement at hawthorn, repeated for north, would not get them off the bottom

Saints or Port
GIF by BachelorInParadiseAU

Implying we won’t ruin our draft pick with late wins

Besides, your lot needs to take its medicine. 1 or 2 seasons down the bottom with the aim of spring-boarding up into finals a few years later.
Our oldest best 22 player is Seb Ross at 30.
I don’t think we need to “take our medicine” and bottom out at all.

Just need to nail the picks we do have and be shrewd with our trading.

Back