Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

North in 2022... 2 wins, 55%

Unfortunately history isn't on your side Fudgey on this one. I do know for a fact though that your mob are the worst grand final chokers in AFL history
Great find!

However, 5 spoons is still greater than 2 (the equal most of any other team since the turn of the century).

Isn't it great that we're debating whether Carlton are the worst wooden spooners in recent times, and the comeback from a Carlton supporter is 'Well Collingwood are the worst Grand Final chokers in history, so there!'

When Carlton haven't got near playing in a Grand Final for a quarter of a century....

In the world according to Carlton supporters, being so bad that you don't get near a Grand Final for more than two decades (and counting), is far better than getting there and losing them!

Wowee.

After 5 or 6 seasons where everything went your way you are resorting to wooden spoons, show a bit of grace FFS or are we dealing with a 12 year old.

That's classic Fadge deflection

But, bring up the period of the last 6 odd decades, 8 to 3 flags and that really gets the salt levels rising

Great find!

However, 5 spoons is still greater than 2 (the equal most of any other team since the turn of the century).

Isn't it great that we're debating whether Carlton are the worst wooden spooners in recent times, and the comeback from a Carlton supporter is 'Well Collingwood are the worst Grand Final chokers in history, so there!'

When Carlton haven't got near playing in a Grand Final for a quarter of a century....

In the world according to Carlton supporters, being so bad that you don't get near a Grand Final for more than two decades (and counting), is far better than getting there and losing them!

Wowee.
The old combination of the brackets, then followed up with a BT cameo at the end.
Never change Fadge

I’ve been reminding the toothless pies supporters for quite some time that the blues worked them out l, have their number and will overtake them in 2024 to be in premiership calculations

The nervous angst and frustration was a shock considering their success las year, inside something was telling them ‘I’m afraid this guy may be right’

Can only point to the ladder now..

To come back against the lions at the Gabba only reinforces the credentials the blues have..

Collingwood, well they’re looking around 12th-13th best side atm

Severe fall from grace

I’ve been reminding the toothless pies supporters for quite some time that the blues worked them out l, have their number and will overtake them in 2024 to be in premiership calculations

The nervous angst and frustration was a shock considering their success las year, inside something was telling them ‘I’m afraid this guy may be right’

Can only point to the ladder now..

To come back against the lions at the Gabba only reinforces the credentials the blues have..

Collingwood, well they’re looking around 12th-13th best side atm

Severe fall from grace
I had them coming 6th in my ladder predictor pre season. Starting to look like that was far too generous to the old cooked Pies

Great find!

Wowee.
Please keep the laughs coming Collingwood! Collingwood in 2024 is very much a case, of the emperor having no clothes if ever there was one mate.:laughv1:

Worst wooden spooners.

Trying to wrap my head around that.

Does that mean the 'best performing' wooden spooners? The 'least deserving' wooden spooners?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst wooden spooners.

Trying to wrap my head around that.

Does that mean the 'best performing' wooden spooners? The 'least deserving' wooden spooners?

Pretty simple.

Worst = of the poorest quality, the lowest standard, absolute bottom feeder.

Of sides who have collected a spoon, Carlton performed worse than most.

Jeepers.

Someone's up and about this morning...

If the Pies do happen to win the spoon this year, I have comfort in the knowledge I have all my Carlton supporting friends on Bigfooty to reach out to, to help me understand how to get through it, given you've all experienced it so frequently in recent times...
No chance for spoon. You will beat us, and on yesterday I’m not sure we beat wce without will day.

Back