Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Everyone’s bottom 4-6 looks crap when you are losing. Usually they are role players who look good when the star players are playing well and everyone is buying into a system and working hard.

People said our bottom 6 was crap last year, until they weren’t, now Kingy and co in the media say we have scary depth. I’m sure if we lose a few quickly it will be talked about again that our bottom 6 are no good.

Problem or possibly good thing at the moment for the pies is it looks like a collective problem, everyone looks way down on their 2022/23 output. It could be good in that once a switch flicks they will be back, or bad in that there are so many players and areas of their game lacking, it’s a big task.

Even if they bomb this year and finish 13th or something they will still have at least a few games where it all clicks into gear again and they look really good.
And also if they finish 13th they will give pick 6 (along with last years pick 34) to Freo for Lachie Schultz. Now that would be funny.

As you were saying Vinnie? At least we backed up our premiership by being a top 4 team. You guys are showing no gumption. Owen 4 next week. So that means you're mentally weak and downhill skiers.
Worst flag winning team in living memory is Collingwood 2023.:laughv1:

The thing about a title defence getting off to a shaky start is that you actually have a title to defend in the first place.

Thanks for the reminder!
Fadge one more thing it's your worst start to a season since 1999!:laughv1: You won the spoon that year as well!:laughv1:

Jeepers.

Someone's up and about this morning...

If the Pies do happen to win the spoon this year, I have comfort in the knowledge I have all my Carlton supporting friends on Bigfooty to reach out to, to help me understand how to get through it, given you've all experienced it so frequently in recent times...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue admitting I've seen this thread here for months but only opened it for the first time late on Thursday night.

I have no issue admitting I've seen this thread here for months but only opened it for the first time late on Thursday night.
Nothing wrong with that either imo

The blue boys are up and about, and the pies are asleep at the wheel
Make hay while the sun shines I say

Nothing wrong with that either imo

The blue boys are up and about, and the pies are asleep at the wheel
Make hay while the sun shines I say
I can see the Pies making the lower half of the eight if they find a bit of form. It's very hard to win a flag from there though.

I can see the Pies making the lower half of the eight if they find a bit of form. It's very hard to win a flag from there though.
Yeah I tend to agree
It’s still very much a long season and the pies will sort themselves out at some point
Once they get the monkey off their back and snag a win or two they will find a groove to work into

But ultimately they will be playing catch up for the rest of the season that will take its toll mentally

This Saints game in particular that on paper is probably a 50\50 game are the ones that would really burn because they are the type of games you really need to lock away to be a top 4 fancy

Back