Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

And what does that prove? You’ll go out in straight sets in the following years?

It says Melbourne is mentally weak. Downhill skiers. When their players are called upon they fall in a heap and can’t handle it.
As you were saying Vinnie? At least we backed up our premiership by being a top 4 team. You guys are showing no gumption. Owen 4 next week. So that means you're mentally weak and downhill skiers.

I thought Collingwood may have had another year in them to compete, but they're an ageing list. I predicted only Brisbane would be the one to fall from last year's granny.

Lions should easily beat pies on Thursday

Then hawks have the chance to do the funniest thing ever in gather round
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Don't worry Collingwood, use that first rounder of yours and hit the draft hard for a KPF. You'll be back above Carlton in no time.

Oh wait. 🤣
Well they have our (hawks) second rounder so that’s almost a first…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one in hell would have predicted the Pies to have 0-3 start to their premiership defence season.

They will come good at some stage but its hard to know when & in turn, if they will have enough games up their sleeve to register the necessary wins needed to make the 8.

Unexpectedly, it looks like it will be the Blues who are the better team in 2024.

It will be a pick in the late 20s after F/S and academy players.

Would be funny if the Hawks finished higher than the Pies
Unlikely but yes as that would mean ginni was given to us with a pick downgrade going back to pies

Im pretty sure you don’t need a degree in football to know how soft daicos is in the contest. That’s not his go. Back to the outside for you. Maybe even taking kick ins again will help his SC scores. It’s not just an anomaly or one off game. There are countless examples of him squibbing on the inside. AA Ron is just the guy sharing the videos of the factual evidence.
I really don't understand why the Pies are trying to make him an inside player.
He has endurance, decent pace, he knows how to find space and he's elite by foot. He should be sitting outside packs waiting for the handball and roaming between the arcs.
He's the one you want exiting D50 and entering F50, not trying to tackle man mountains. In a Blues game last year, Cripps was trying to exit a stoppage and looking for the easiest way out. He went straight towards Nick.
In his 50 games so far, he hasn't got a single contested mark. Not sure how many players that happens to? Especially ones that come straight into the side round 1, playing 80+% game time and racking up their 50th 3 games into his 3rd season.

I see Walsh as more of an outside player, but I haven't seen him shirk a contest like Daicos has. Walsh also doesn't get a lot of contested marks, but he had 8 in his 1st 50 games.

Don't get me wrong, I think Daicos is a VERY good player (slightly overhyped) and will be for a long time, but he's not an inside player.
Play to your strengths.

As you were saying Vinnie? At least we backed up our premiership by being a top 4 team. You guys are showing no gumption. Owen 4 next week. So that means you're mentally weak and downhill skiers.
They'll bloody well beat the Lions next week.
Lions also 0-2 and coming off an early bye. Both grand finalists to start the season 0-3 and then Lions get their first the following week against North.

Pendlebury and Sidebottom are one foot over the cliff - terrible last night.
It was obvious they were one pillar propping up Collingwood in 22 and 23. Great players with great leadership and some of the smartest footy brains going, but shocking how much they're squibbing it this year. Not really sure why. Collingwood basically relies on them, the Daicos bros, Moore, Quaynor etc. McCreary, Hill etc is more the cream on the top. Their bottom half is bottom 4 quality.

So I'm genuinely wondering... Where was this natural improvement coming from from the Pies we heard about all off season? Not a single one of their kids look to have improved one bit outside of McInnes kicking a couple of snags tonight.

We will see, the whole side looks down at the moment. Bit hard for new kids to shine in that environment.

No-one in hell would have predicted the Pies to have 0-3 start to their premiership defence season.

They will come good at some stage but its hard to know when & in turn, if they will have enough games up their sleeve to register the necessary wins needed to make the 8.

Unexpectedly, it looks like it will be the Blues who are the better team in 2024.

I think most people expected both sides to be at least top 6 this year, not sure how unexpected it would be if we turn out better this year.

Back