Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy to pay Weitering whatever he wants - our most important player by far and a top 2 key defender in the league.
Zero AA appearances would suggest he has never been a top two key defender in the league

Most Carlton supporters on here don't take any notice of you mate.
A likely story given how much I get whinged at with personal nonsense (heaven forbid talking football!), like the above.

Anyway, Pies getting the job done today, sailing back into the top 4. They're starting to get that close game edge they rode 2022/2023 that resulted in a premiership. Ominous signs.

My favourite is how we have switched from points are what matter to ladder position. Last year Carlton finished 5th but it was all about how they were 3 wins off top 4. Now they are ahead by half a game and it's about ladder positions.
The defending premiers bouncing back from 0-3 to being right in the top 4 mix (thinking long term, not just where they will sit end of round 10) is a big deal. As is one of the premiership favourites going on a 2-4 run at the same time.

Throw those two together and you have an interesting rolling form trend change. It's natural for any Blues supporter that was crowing just a little too loud Round 3-5 to now be taking a bit of medicine.

Plenty of time for things to reverse once again, of course, and then you guys will have a bit more of that famous gusto back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defending premiers bouncing back from 0-3 to being right in the top 4 mix (thinking long term, not just where they will sit end of round 10) is a big deal. As is one of the premiership favourites going on a 2-4 run at the same time.

Throw those two together and you have an interesting rolling form trend change. It's natural for any Blues supporter that was crowing just a little too loud Round 3-5 will now be taking a bit of medicine.

Plenty of time for things to reverse once again, of course, and then you guys will have a bit more of that famous gusto back.
What does any of that have to do with the comment you are replying to? And where exactly was I "crowing" between Rounds 3-5? I have been pretty consistent that I expected Pies to finish top 4.

What does any of that have to do with the comment you are replying to? And where exactly was I "crowing" between Rounds 3-5? I have been pretty consistent that I expected Pies to finish top 4.
"Funny how now it's all about ladder positions"

My post reflected that it isn't. It is all about one side climbing back into contention while another is looking shaky, regarding their rolling form trajectories (past 6 weeks). In 6 weeks we could be talking about the wheels falling off at the Pies while Carlton has climbed back into top 2. It would be commented on if so! Because of the form lines that would get both sides there.

"Where did I crow?"

I said Carlton supporters. I didn't say carlton_99. You comment on what people comment on (semantics battles) or reel off excuses more than having actual opinions.

"Funny how now it's all about ladder positions"

My post reflected that it isn't. It is all about one side climbing back into contention while another is looking shaky, regarding their rolling form trajectories (past 6 weeks).

"Where did I crow?"

I said Carlton supporters. I didn't say carlton_99. You comment on what people comment on (semantics battles) or reel off excuses more than having actual opinions.
My post was related to what was being said in this thread in 2023 - obviously before you entered the fold. Carlton were apparently "way off" the top 4 despite finishing 5th because of the gap in wins. Now it's suddenly about the six ladder positions between Carlton and Collingwood rather than the points.

And on your second point I thought I was a "sophisticated poster" - now I don't have any opinions? You can continue being the condescending poster you are who actually contributes nothing to the conversation other than repeating the exact same thing over and over again to get some cheap likes.

Which two of Steven May, Harris Andrews and Sam Taylor is he better than?
That would be my top 4 - not a massive amount between them either. All elite players in the competition but if I had to rank them:
1. Sam Taylor
2. Jacob Weitering
3. Steven May
4. Harris Andrews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back