Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

He should be reported to Mr Meow
Don't be naive Rob... If Meowbagger cared about non Carlton related whinging he'd have a weekly thread discussing Scott's chronic whinging about umpires, fixtures, length of quarters, rule changes, coaches paycheques, concussion protocols, Richmond, not playing enough games at Kardinia park, finals at the MCG and any other topics I've forgotten.

Instead he patrols these threads like a bad smell pretending he's an un-bias adjudicator on all things whinging.

He should be reported to Mr Meow
Robertio/generic Blues supporter: "We don't even take notice of what you're saying. Leave us alone and get out of this thread."

Sees Collingwood presser, first thought is to tag said poster, complaining that other people complain too.

Fairly predictable. It seems my observations have stung a bit.

All coaches are looking out for number 1. Why Carlton supporters feel they need to one up coaches in the whinging, deflecting, cop out stakes (when they are just outside observers) I'm not sure. But my post was about supporters and I stand by you guys leading the way for the things I ridiculed. By a long old way.

I look forward to the next tag.

Don't be naive Rob... If Meowbagger cared about non Carlton related whinging he'd have a weekly thread discussing Scott's chronic whinging about umpires, fixtures, length of quarters, rule changes, coaches paycheques, concussion protocols, Richmond, not playing enough games at Kardinia park, finals at the MCG.

Instead he patrols these threads like a bad smell pretending he's an un-bias adjudicator on all things whinging.
McRae getting ready for the incoming loss.

Robertio/generic Blues supporter: "We don't even take notice of what you're saying. Leave us alone and get out of this thread."

Sees Collingwood presser, first thought is to tag said poster, complaining that other people complain too.

Fairly predictable. It seems my observations have stung a bit.

All coaches are looking out for number 1. Why Carlton supporters feel they need to one up coaches in the whinging, deflecting, cop out stakes (when they are just outside observers) I'm not sure. But my post was about supporters and I stand by you guys leading the way for the things I ridiculed. By a long old way.

I look forward to the next tag.
giphy.gif

Don't be naive Rob... If Meowbagger cared about non Carlton related whinging he'd have a weekly thread discussing Scott's chronic whinging about umpires, fixtures, length of quarters, rule changes, coaches paycheques, concussion protocols, Richmond, not playing enough games at Kardinia park, finals at the MCG and any other topics I've forgotten.

Scott is a whinger and it's as cringeworthy listening to his post-match pressers as it is reading a standard Carlton supporters post on the main board. It's one reason I haven't watched one of his pressers in years, listening to him at times is like trying to decipher a carlton_99 deflective post.

But if I see a coach whinging I don't think "hey that looks fun, let me embrace that with every one of my posts on BigFooty!". With a few of you Blues supporters it's more monkey see monkey do with the things the rest of us cringe at.

Nic Newman and George Hewett must be kicking themselves at leaving Sydney for Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always sad to see somebody that clearly has no point or argument to make resort to targeting the individual. "Deflective" posts lol
Right...after being tagged by a Carlton supporter (who then went oddly quiet), referencing another one then draws the typical victim complex behaviour. Your posts are the ones that most remind me of the McRae presser that was just mocked. Maybe you'll end up a head coach some day?

Right...after being tagged by a Carlton supporter (who then went oddly quiet), referencing another one then draws the typical victim complex behaviour. Your posts are the ones that most remind me of the McRae presser that was just mocked. Maybe you'll end up a head coach some day?
Of course they do...

So you are happy to rebut the arguments the Blues are at risk of finishing bottom 6.

Personally I am confident the Blues will stay mid table and maybe finish a respectable 11th. I reckon Vossy takes the list pruning sheers. A lot of sos dud trades will be delisted or traded.

They really need to fix their development. Take Ollie Hollands as an example. He had a terrific and underrated first season. He is now barely recognisable.

I wonder if the Blues are interested in moving up the draft table. This would require selling one or two A graders. Am certain they might find interest from nmfc or the Tigers. Imagine what a sensation Cripps would be at Arden St.
Cripps would be a perfect fit for North. His leadership and ability to drag a team with him is just what North need to elevate them. And from his perspective it'll give him a better chance of flagging. Be a shame for him to have to finish his career in the middle of yet another Carlton rebuild.

McRae setting things up for after their loss this week, playing the victim perfectly.

Cripps would be a perfect fit for North. His leadership and ability to drag a team with him is just what North need to elevate them. And from his perspective it'll give him a better chance of flagging. Be a shame for him to have to finish his career in the middle of yet another Carlton rebuild.
You haven't checked our age profile have you? You should be worried about the Pies next rebuild

Back