Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Went alright only 18 months ago but sure, whatever a Carlton supporter thinks :thumbsu:
“18 months ago” - and there it is.

You’ve lost your last 3 including your last game against the suns x 10 goals.

Here you are trolling away, kidding yourself that the cats are doing just great.

Don’t worry - 18 months ago they were!

Apart from Walsh, there's not much to be excited about in your under 25 group. Pedestrian bunch.
We have a couple of father sons coming through this year and I expect us to hit the draft pretty hard next three or so years.

Core of our list is between 25-29 so getting those 18-21 year olds in for the next three years will mean when the older core start to hit early 30s they can transition seamlessly without the need of a full rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're all watching the Swans nuts swing far far above us, but the Pies have form for dealing with savage injury lists.

I'm hoping we give Freo a decent show, not sure we can beat them over there but we should give it a shake.

Swans showing sustained form, its sure to wobble but a run like this is what set us up last year, and the confidence it buoilds can carry you through a finals series.

You won't beat Freo your coach is already making excuses.
We'll see. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. I don't think you really believe our coach is softening the blow. We have a record breaking amount of injuries league wide this year. Keep your powder dry because I can sense another great weekend coming up for us. Maybe subconsciously, your softening your own sides blow

We'll see. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. I don't think you really believe our coach is softening the blow. We have a record breaking amount of injuries league wide this year. Keep your powder dry because I can sense another great weekend coming up for us. Maybe subconsciously, your softening your own sides blow
If Voss said that your mob and your Geelong teammates would be all over it, the rules are for all.

If Voss said that your mob and your Geelong teammates would be all over it, the rules are for all.
Not me. I'm used to watching our side win with or without some top players. Even if we lose I'll be on this thread and admit defeat without excuses. You guys didn't even have the courage to come on this thread after you lost last week. It's this type of thinking that resonates through our whole club and that's what keeps us winning. I am actually very confident we'll win but not so confident you'll beat GC. You picked the wrong club for excuses, listen to Flys press conferences after we lose and you see for yourself

Not me I rate Voss as an effective coach.

Your problem isn't the coach or the injuries really (that is a problem, and nasty this year, but most clubs have it), it's the external noise.

Some slimeball tried to knife Voss last year, hopefully the administration holds their nerve through any more rough patches.

Our problem is one mad coach abd age. The mad coach is OK for now, and we'll see what the recruiters have done about addressing the age issue again this week. I hear Allan will be good.

We beat the Giants when they were undefeated and played the Dees after they had just beaten the undefeated Cats. Just shows how much form can vary week to week and when you play a team is just as important as who that team is
Live in the present, it's a very long season in which we'll see many more upsets before the end of it

Not me I rate Voss as an effective coach.

Your problem isn't the coach or the injuries really (that is a problem, and nasty this year, but most clubs have it), it's the external noise.

Some slimeball tried to knife Voss last year, hopefully the administration holds their nerve through any more rough patches.

Our problem is one mad coach abd age. The mad coach is OK for now, and we'll see what the recruiters have done about addressing the age issue again this week. I hear Allan will be good.
Good post mate, I've heard and read that Allen can play, his old man could.

Not me. I'm used to watching our side win with or without some top players. Even if we lose I'll be on this thread and admit defeat without excuses. You guys didn't even have the courage to come on this thread after you lost last week. It's this type of thinking that resonates through our whole club and that's what keeps us winning. I am actually very confident we'll win but not so confident you'll beat GC. You picked the wrong club for excuses, listen to Flys press conferences after we lose and you see for yourself
I think you should check back on last week mate and then check the first 4 weeks.

So you are happy to rebut the arguments the Blues are at risk of finishing bottom 6.

Personally I am confident the Blues will stay mid table and maybe finish a respectable 11th. I reckon Vossy takes the list pruning sheers. A lot of sos dud trades will be delisted or traded.

They really need to fix their development. Take Ollie Hollands as an example. He had a terrific and underrated first season. He is now barely recognisable.

I wonder if the Blues are interested in moving up the draft table. This would require selling one or two A graders. Am certain they might find interest from nmfc or the Tigers. Imagine what a sensation Cripps would be at Arden St.
Still salty about last years EF

A Collingwood apologist bitch… love it 😂

Back