Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still undefeated since Rd 2. The show continues to roll on!!

Almost have an invincible feeling about this Collingwood group.
Have to agree. When I think of invincible teams, three losses on the trot and a failure to defeat both Essendon and Fremantle immediately springs to mind.

Proud of our young talent tonight. We got some real potential long term role players. Maybe even a few potential stars. HH is a future 150+ gamer. Richards is such a natural with great hands, skills and a quick, slick mover. Dean and Sullivan are AFL level but probably in our 24-30 range in terms of starting 22 atm but they both fill a hole. Allan looks a little off the pace but being a 194cm 19 year old midfielder still has a lot of physical development to go.
To keep it on thread I like the look of our young players over Carltons young guys ;)

Proud of our young talent tonight. We got some real potential long term role players. Maybe even a few potential stars. HH is a future 150+ gamer. Richards is such a natural with great hands, skills and a quick, slick mover. Dean and Sullivan are AFL level but probably in our 24-30 range in terms of starting 22 atm but they both fill a hole. Allan looks a little off the pace but being a 194cm 19 year old midfielder still has a lot of physical development to go.
To keep it on thread I like the look of our young players over Carltons young guys ;)

We have no depth remember 🙄
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

A lot of dead rubber games it seems. On another note - umpire simon overland - surely gets dropped for over officiating ?
LOL.

If it’s a rule it’s a rule. I think it was a bit of a look at me moment. Common sense probably should of prevailed 15m out from goal, seemed a harsh penalty, but them the brakes.

Luke Hodge was happy, going by last nights commentary , I think he hates Collingwood more then you blokes in here !

LOL.

If it’s a rule it’s a rule. I think it was a bit of a look at me moment. Common sense probably should of prevailed 15m out from goal, seemed a harsh penalty, but them the brakes.

Luke Hodge was happy, going by last nights commentary , I think he hates Collingwood more then you blokes in here !
Was crap umpiring all round.

The free to Harrison at the end of the first quarter was ridiculous and was evened out by the Darcy free late in the game.

Not sure when teams will learn not to start icing a game with 12 minutes to go. There's no way Freo would have bridged the gap had Collingwood have maintained the game style they had been played for the 2nd, 3rd and first half of the last quarter.

Oh well, 7 and 4 after being Owen 3 not the worst position to be in.

The VFL players for Collingwood were very impressive and a big tick to the development of the players at Collingwood. Good to see Naicos getting his hands dirty when required - I thought the game was over half way through the third so I took my cat for a walk. Young Hill is worth two players at most Clubs. Very well drilled and coached team - Freo surprised with some grit in the last 10 minutes - the game was decided by favourable bounces and deflections going Freo's way in the last 5 minutes - both sides played it out with high pressure and willing contested football.

Carlton right now are so far off the pace it isnt worth talking about - even the better performers are down in form.

Yet, if we win today, we will have more wins for the season than Collingwood. Go figure
Carlton's grind game takes its toll on players - not that Voss has any choice but to play that way - side lacks outside speed but more importantly foot skills. Take Docherty/Cerra/Saad out and the footy IQ level between the arcs and forward drops to boofhead levels of nuffery. Playing Durdin and Fantasia because ther is no one else means forward line is basically a one trick pony.

Testament to how good Weitering Saad Cripps and the two tall blokes are that Carlton has managed to win some games the bottom 6 or so players at Carlton are a dead weight carry compared to classier more developed teams. Carlton gets by purely on guts and determination - that has a use by date - still short a second KPD a running on baller and a decent small.

The cost of Dow/SPS/Fisher/Cuningham/O'Brien/Philp/Setterfield busts are large - not on Voss who is coaching with one hand tied behind his back - just the legacy crapola he has to work through and keep a stiff upper lip fortunately he is the right coach for the situation teh Club is in...and the top end talent when on - is enough to keep the side competitive against most teams most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL.

We don't hate Collingwood, we hate you blokes :p

My point was more around probably not good enough. Gold Coast @ Marvel anything under a 5-6 goal win would be disappointing.
Is this is what we're going with today lol, any win is a good win while it's close at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back