Why are Port Adelaide so dominant over St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some teams just have bogey sides regardless of how both sides are travelling.

For us our bogey side is Hawthorn.
For St Kilda their bogey side is Port Adelaide.

Saints needed the cash. They sell the home game. Game doesn't get played in Melbourne.

Not much more to it
No different to North having home games in Tassie vs non Vic sides and Vic sides with small fan bases.

North would have port at docklands and would get around 15,000 people at the games.

Have it at Tassie, North will get 15,000 but get $750,000 as well

^Just a horrible scenario for any team to enter into though, for the players and members especially. How bad actually is it financially for the Saints not getting that extra money vs getting the win in front of home fans, moving up the ladder, the run of wins continues, top 4 for another week, more positive media coverage, brand exposure etc.

Wherever the Saints end up on the ladder at the end of the season, see if it changes the ladder position/finals venue/opponent when you add an extra 4 points.😟

Port Adelaide have won 22 of their last 28 games against St Kilda.
St Kilda have only beaten Port Adelaide once in the last 10 years.

Both clubs have had their ups and downs over that time, but the Power continue to have the wood over the Saints.

Why is that?
Wasn't even aware, interesting.

Its one of those strange quirks of fate, like Collingwood only playing home and away games against Port at Adelaide Oval twice since we moved back there.
Surely that is by accident. :rolleyes:

^Just a horrible scenario for any team to enter into though, for the players and members especially. How bad actually is it financially for the Saints not getting that extra money vs getting the win in front of home fans, moving up the ladder, the run of wins continues, top 4 for another week, more positive media coverage, brand exposure etc.

Wherever the Saints end up on the ladder at the end of the season, see if it changes the ladder position/finals venue/opponent when you add an extra 4 points.😟

If WC can win a flag in Melbourne against an MCG side, Saints can't use playing a South Australian side in Northern Queensland in round 7 as an excuse

I’m sure the fact we’ve only played them 4 times in Victoria since 2003 has nothing to do with it. Nor the fact that we’ve played them once here in the last 8 years.
Your team has Port Adelaide in docklands next ...

When was the last time both teams faced each other on docklands soil?

Your team has Port Adelaide in docklands next ...

When was the last time both teams faced each other on docklands soil?
You also had that serial pest in Robbie Gray bailing your team out.

You won't have him to help you this Friday lol

On-top of that, you also face Ross Lyon and his.... Tactics LoL
Hinkley goes alright against Lyon and is 1-0 against him in finals.

I have a good mate who is based in Melbourne and is a Port supporter. We always joke that one day we'll get to see a game together. Then the one time in line what, 8 years?? we get a game against them in Melbourne and it's ******* lockdown and there are no crowds. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Well you got a saints vs port game on Friday night in docklands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy

We have been mediocre for about 13 years

In that time we have only played Port in Melbourne twice.
Was it an empty stadium in 2021?
Too lazy to look myself so looking for someone on here with the knowledge/to google for me and yes I could’ve googled in the time taken to post this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back