Will Channel 7 be showing Essendon vs Geelong LIVE?

Remove this Banner Ad

As if they'd show it live. Gotta have an 80's episode of the Golden Girls or some other type of trash on beforehand.

Better homes and gardens will rate much.... MUCH better at 730pm than some late night movie at 1030pm.

People will watch the footy from 830pm till 11pm. If they show it live then people will watch from 730pm till 10pm and they simply lose their viewers of Better homes. Why would they wanna do that?

Also to note that people are simply used to friday night footy starting at 830pm and having it start an hour earlier will piss a lot of people off who are un aware and get home to a game half-way thought.

Being that it's an Essendon game I will be at the Dome of course... BUT for a game of another team I always go out for drinks after work on a friday night then head home around 830ish for the footy. So it works very well for people wanting to do after work drinks then head home for the game. 730pm doesnt really allow you to do that.

Bingo.

*looks around at other posters who all have their fingers in their ears repeating "nah, nah, nah, nah, I'm not listening"*

Seven will stick with Better homes and gardens. Even if seven wanted to show it live, the AFL would not let them. The only thing the AFL would secetly love to do is take the game away from 7 and give it to Foxtel. To think seven paid so much for the rights yet the AFL threatened to sue them if they didnt give games to Foxtel! AFL are the enemies not Seven!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back