Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another one of our appallingly bad trades where we sold the farm for a dud and thats why we should sack Hine.

Where are all those critics now?
Yep, do remember some were going nuts about the cost. You only had to see his highlights reel at GWS to know he's an absolute star and he's ours...yippee
I reckon nearly all of our trades gave been right on the money

lmP4LlE.gif

yFCWHqZ.gif

k7cRZ9t.gif

His class oozed all over the MCG yesterday.

What I love most of all about that first mark was Grundy's reaction afterwards - a better physical manifestation of gtfo you're not likely to ever see...

Did anyone listen to him on Triple M yesterday? He mentioned in his final year at the Giants when he was going to move elsewhere, Collingwood got involved in in the picture late but it was Carlton who were the most interested before that. lol.

Yikes, another near miss! The mind boggles.

But on WHE, he is performing in his own ballet out there. Elegant, graceful, poised, efficient.

A poster earlier on (with tongue in cheek?) suggested that he might consider laying more tackles on the opposition. A fair point, and if I am reading his stats for 2018 correctly (see here) his tackle count is down on last year. To date, he has laid 26 tackles, while last year he laid 70 for the season.

Is that a problem? Or is that indicative of the more effective and highly functioning forward set up? Manic forward pressure versus cleaner delivery into the forward line and guys like WHE having the space and support to mark and goal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But on WHE, he is performing in his own ballet out there. Elegant, graceful, poised, efficient.

A poster earlier on (with tongue in cheek?) suggested that he might consider laying more tackles on the opposition. A fair point, and if I am reading his stats for 2018 correctly (see here) his tackle count is down on last year. To date, he has laid 26 tackles, while last year he laid 70 for the season.

Is that a problem? Or is that indicative of the more effective and highly functioning forward set up? Manic forward pressure versus cleaner delivery into the forward line and guys like WHE having the space and support to mark and goal?

I assume a response to our more efficient forward line, but WHE has his fair share of run down tackles this year also where he has corralled and pounced

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since coming to Collingwood he has proven to be a very durable and talented player unlike his time at GWS where he seemed to get a few injuries.
You can definitely see why he went at pick 4 in his draft year,he is one of the most naturally talented players we have on our list,one handed marks and the way he ghosts in and very accurate in front of goal.

He is one of our best trades imv.

he spent more time in the midfield last season imo

he spent more time in the midfield last season imo

Yep, played more wing than HF in 2017 whereas he hasn't spent much time there at all this year.

Many were quite livid and upset that the Giants bent us over for a second round pick in exchange for WHE when there was a fire sale at GWS with what Carlton were doing.

Proven to be quality piece of business for us.
Worth it every time.

I was not one. I think we paid At least Equal value we gave to GWS for WHE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back