Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read the article but you can understand GWS being a tad fearful of us poaching there talent. It makes sense they made us pay big for WHE. We now have three players from their 2011 crop, Adams and Treloar will be a big part of it, and if WHE makes it good then that will auger well for the future. At the end of 2019 we should be in a prime position to get a gun FA, Jeremy Cameron, Dylan Shiel or Toby Greene? If GWS have salary cap pressure with Treloar, Adams and WHE in their ear surely we'd be in the box seat. Our midfield seems sorted, so maybe Jeremy Cameron would suit us best by then, a few years away but it's a grand plan.

Last edited:
Serious talent who hasn't realized his potential, here's hoping Collingwood can get the best out of him

The aerial stuff maybe but he is smaller and when he takes off nobody is catching him so he has more tricks than those two... he was a pick 4 so he is a serious talent.

I think a young Daisy is the best comparison. Likes a fly, but his dash should become his biggest weapon. Not the same level of intensity, but his disposal looks cleaner and more composed. If developed properly, he could become dominant.

Yes, our number of soft tissue injuries has declined over the past 2 years.
Whatever we were doing wrong (overloading??) has obviously stopped.
Just need to rid ourselves of impact & ACL injuries...the footy gods owe us big time.

Don't think it has actually stopped, more just that players have adjusted to the increased loads.

Not happy we gave up 2nd round.
Players with his "ilk" much like Wingard, Dale Thomas, the Hill brothers, etc. usually show a s**t load of ability and can impact games very early in their careers at AFL level. They're either picking up 2-3 goals and setting a few more up or stringing plays together in the midfield from very early on. I haven't seen anything on a consistent level at either level to suggest he will be much more than a poor mans Thomas without the contested ball winning ability.

Granted he's been injured and I'd hope he proves the above wrong. But in a league where Tomlinson can average 32 touches, I would have expected him to picked a more than 21 on average for the year.

Not happy we gave up 2nd round.
Players with his "ilk" much like Wingard, Dale Thomas, the Hill brothers, etc. usually show a s**t load of ability and can impact games very early in their careers at AFL level. They're either picking up 2-3 goals and setting a few more up or stringing plays together in the midfield from very early on. I haven't seen anything on a consistent level at either level to suggest he will be much more than a poor mans Thomas without the contested ball winning ability.

Granted he's been injured and I'd hope he proves the above wrong. But in a league where Tomlinson can average 32 touches, I would have expected him to picked a more than 21 on average for the year.

Problem is that 2nd Round was bit much but 3rd Round be too Cheap.

Reason why he does not play much because he has had no Luck with Injuries meaning he barley 100% Fit. He has had some good Games in 2014.

Be a Few Years before we know IF We got Him Cheap or we Overpayed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe he is the grandson of Chuck Norris!!!
But, the real story is...

"Due to a change of name in the Norris/Elliott family many years ago, the link has only been discovered recently, with Will’s father Rodney making contact with Pauline Allen - the niece of Charlie Norris"

The family name change...mmm...I wonder what was behind that??
I gots to know...

WHE living the dream.
A Collingwood supporter as a kid.
Dating a Collingwood supporter.
Playing for Collingwood.
Does it get any better?
Doesn't own a jetpack...that I am aware of.

WHE living the dream.
A Collingwood supporter as a kid.
Dating a Collingwood supporter.
Playing for Collingwood.
Does it get any better?

He had Buckley's number when he was a kid. So I would say, having Buckley as his best man and drinking champagne at the wedding out of the 2018 Premiership Cup.

Fear of yet another lame Chuck Norris witticism = SNORE

Boys and girls
When a joke has been done
It's been done
The Chuck Norris thing is done

Stick a fork in it and please lets move on.
Jonbe was 55 before Chuck took him down a peg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back