Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're unlikely to get a player who can become arguably the best player in the competition with a future second round pick...

... well that just puts a huge dampener on what was a scintillating trade period. Son I am disappoint.

Daisy around the 2011 mark was arguably the most exciting talent in the league. So no. WHE is not even close to Daisy 2011 and I'd be surprised if he ever got to that level. Nothing's impossible though I guess.

I don't think he means as Good but How WHE Plays has some Similarity how Daisy Plays/Played

I don't think he means as Good but How WHE Plays has some Similarity how Daisy Plays/Played
No, he was asking if WHE had the potential to reach the same level. You don't need to explain it to me Dave, I understood what he was asking.

WILL HOSKIN-ELLIOTT (Collingwood)

Hugely talented but starved of opportunity at GWS because of injury and competition, Hoskin-Elliott will be a walk-up start for Collingwood if he can stay fit. Will be cheap – priced at $222,700 this year and should drop again in 2017 after playing only two games - for a guy in his sixth season and who was a No.4 draft pick. Proved he can score big with 98 points against Geelong in Round 3 and is athletic, takes marks and kicks goals. Could be a similar pick to Daniel Wells in 2016. Might be a cash builder, watch closely during pre-season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/472eff6856c02c9b0c43541afc87ec2e

Daisy around the 2011 mark was arguably the most exciting talent in the league. So no. WHE is not even close to Daisy 2011 and I'd be surprised if he ever got to that level. Nothing's impossible though I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I didnt so much mean if he is that level now... I mean, is his potential ceiling that high?

And is his game style comparable?

Thanks for the reply. I didnt so much mean if he is that level now... I mean, is his potential ceiling that high?

Yeah, hence why I said I'd be surprised if he ever got there. His game style is comparable, but he doesn't seem to be able to get as much of the pill as Daisy was/is able to.

Adams is a bit of a ring leader, if you see them all relaxing they are all surrounding Adams, he must be good value.

and Why some people say he could be our Next Captain

It's not early for WHE any more. Next year will be his 6th year, the same as Thomas in 2011, who had already been the player of the previous years finals series by that time.

As I said, nothing's impossible, but it would take a massive improvement to get to those levels.

If he can stay on the park and get some consistency and also benefit from the experience of players like Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Wells, Varcoe... plus access to all the other Collingwood resources that GWS probably didn't have, especially the 'been there, done that' senior players who can guide him, I can see him reaching a high level. He will probably be just like Daisy, I mean he was the best player in the league for about 3 weeks, never won a best and fairest, 1 All Australian, premiership player.. it's not like the Dale Thomas bar is sky high...

If WHE can string the next 4 years together of solid, consistent football he will become a hot commodity as he does have that freakish capacity. He is quick, good at ground level and good in the air and probably has good goal sense but probably won't see much time in the middle like Daisy.

I haven't seen WHE do the brilliant run down tackles or kick the freakish goals but he injects himself into contests with similar vigour and 'plays taller' than he is and takes good, courageous marks and arguably has a bit more breakaway toe...

Yep, watch the preseason stuff the club puts out and the name Taylor Adams will be raised by the players repeatedly.

If we had 22 players with his attitude, intensity and competitiveness we'd win the flag.

I don't know if he is skipper material as I think it's impossible to judge that from afar. But he is clearly a leader.

He and Treloar seem to compliment each other really well. One is intense and combative, the other laid back and jovial. Both becoming real pros. Thanks Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you paste the article pls? I don't subscribe the the Ad Addy
Copy the link into Google search and open it from the search results.
Or browse the site and then on the headline RMB Search with Google. Similar results.

There is an eerie similar buzz around WHE and Aish. Football in their genes. Filled with potential but not been able to get consistent set of games. This is going to be fun

Aish was coming Really Good in the 2nd Half of the Season. Aish 1st Season was good but the 2nd was the one he had a Few Injuries that Slowed Him Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back