Player Watch Will Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a number of times this year for Scotch.
He definitely improved over the course of the year as a key defender. Really capable overhead and knew how to kill an aerial contest. He played against one of the Kings when they played Haileybury and was more than competitive aerially. Became more confident as in intercept player as the season wore on. If he continues on that improvement trajectory and grows 2-3 more centimetres he is an enticing prospect. Moves pretty well laterally also.

Great info. Thanks for posting that :thumbsu:

Wow Buckenara really doesn’t understand how these things work? What a rookie!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm sure he does know.
His knowledge isn't in question.

But different people have different biases.
To me, he's long been a sycophant to everything Hawthorn, and always pots Collingwood.
Eg the way he tells it, Jaeger O'Meara will be fully fit forever more. Hmmmm. Not sure that will transpire.

He can do his media stuff the way he likes, but he's relentless in his biases in my view.
All that happens is it's noted.
People can henceforth decide for themselves his level of credibility.

I'd love to say it was as soon as Daic's first goal....but it was when Rowdy came back on and bounced straight back in front of Terry Daniher's face....I KNEW THEN.
Final siren was a give away too.... then that silver cup thing being waved about

:)

So our next premiership side will have 2 x Daicos, 2 x Brown, Moore and Kelly.
If I'm dreaming please don't wake me up.
Then the era can begin

Filled in its latter years by a jet and an ace players, x 2 Buckleys

Was that the “if that doesn’t lift the roof off the MCG, nothing will.” moment?
Think so. Relief of it all, after all that heart ache, wonderful.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Kelly? Nah he's 193cm - too tall for Hine.

He can go to Adelaide with his brother

Collingwood already has its eyes on another father-son selection for next year’s draft

COLLINGWOOD will soon boast the sons of three 1990 premiership stars on its list as it scouts the son of full-back Craig Kelly.

The Magpies added Tyler Brown to their list at Friday’s national draft, aware the brother of Callum and son of fearless forward Gavin is a project player.

Unlike his inside midfielder brother Callum, a player taken at pick 50 has several years of development ahead of him.

But while the Pies controversially overlooked Kelly’s older son Jake in the 2014 rookie draft, Will Kelly is unlikely to slip to another club.

He would join the Brown boys and Josh Daicos at Collingwood, the club that saw their three fathers famously play key roles in the 1990 premiership.

Brown and Daicos both showed exciting glimpses in their debut season, following the Shaw and Cloke boys as high-profile Collingwood father-sons.

Collingwood recruiting boss Derek Hine said the Pies would scrutinise Kelly’s development ahead of next year’s draft.

They also have priority access to Oakleigh’s Isaac Quaynor, a 180cm Next Generation Academy defender whose father was born in Ghana.

“Will is a 194cm key defender and aerobically he’s really good for his size and Isaac Quaynor is in the AFL academy so he’s potentially a pre-listed player for us,” Hine said.

“Fingers crossed those boys will come in so we will work with them in the next 12 month." Jake Kelly was at one stage going to be taken as a Pies rookie but instead has developed into a strong Adelaide defender who played in this year’s Grand Final loss.

Hine said the Magpies were adamant Tyler Brown would not have been taken at any cost, happy to match Port Adelaide’s bid for him at selection 50.

“We were hoping he would get through at pick 38 and as soon as Port Adelaide called out his name we were going to match it,” Hine said.

“It is a bit of a marathon because he’s an underdeveloped young man, but he’s certainly got the scope.”

The Pies need him to build size and strength, but also begin to use his feet to hit targets rather than dish off handballs in close as has been his junior tendency.

Quaynor said earlier this year he had taken to football despite his father’s love of the round-ball game.

“My dad was born in Ghana and Mum has Australian heritage, so I guess I’ve had a bit of a mixed upbringing,” Quaynor said.

“Soccer was the sport Dad knew and that was the sport he grew up with. He always pushed for me to have a go at it, which I did do when I was younger, but I jumped over and started playing footy with a couple of mates from school.

“I’ve always loved footy since I started. My uncles and my cousins are footy nuts and they always put me in a guernsey.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/8172981224a16189e32fdc7cd3b23c2e

Was that the “if that doesn’t lift the roof off the MCG, nothing will.” moment?
And ironically if you had an aerial view of the MCG that moment the roof over the MCG was indeed gone.
No roof.

Must have been all of us cheering :)

I felt like Robbo and Scott were barracking for us that day.
And sandy roberts.
Watching the replay many many times they seemed to be in our corner.

Or was it that Essendon were so pitiful they knew the jig was well and truly up

Then the era can begin

Filled in its latter years by a jet and an ace players, x 2 Buckleys

Without getting too ahead of ourselfs
A young father and son is the best junior player 2 blokes who won brownlows have ever seen ( hawthorn. Essendon ) both of there sons compete or try to against this kid
The father also won a brownlow but is keeping rightfully a lid on it
Seen this kid play and there spot on better than Dylan shiel at same age and that's saying something!

A young father and son is the best junior player 2 blokes who won brownlows have ever seen ( hawthorn. Essendon ) both of there sons compete or try to against this kid
Seen this kid play and there spot on better than Dylan shiel at same age and that's saying something!
Brown didn't even need to kick a goal - when we saw him come running out bandaged up and 'chest' his opponent there were huge grins of approval all around ans you could feel the entire team lift to be worthy of thier captain.
Captain courageous?
No truer words ever spoken but they don't convey the full inspiration he could produce.
I for one am damn PROUD to hace his boys playing ib the stripes.

Let’s look at possible Brownlow winning Collingwood father sons.

The late, Len Thomson no known eligible children possible you would think.

Peter Moore? Does he have younger boy or boys. I’m not going with that as we’d have heard of same you’d think by now.

Dane Swan? No known children full stop so not his seed.

Nathan C Buckley? All I know he has kids, of which one is an ayce kid and the other kid is a jet. I’m going with a future Buckley. And what genes. No pressure ofcourse:)

Let’s look at possible Brownlow winning Collingwood father sons.

The late, Len Thomson no known eligible children possible you would think.

Peter Moore? Does he have younger boy or boys. I’m not going with that as we’d have heard of same you’d think by now.

Dane Swan? No known children full stop so not his seed.

Nathan C Buckley? All I know he has kids, of which one is an ayce kid and the other kid is a jet. I’m going with a future Buckley. And what genes. No pressure ofcourse:)

Yes you're spot on
Crawfs son plays against him, had a great discussion when he was looking at a few cars
He's a big fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back