World Cup 2019 Day 1 England v South Africa @ The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A convincing win from England, thought they may have been a bit short with that total but they won it easily with some great bowling and fielding.

South Africa don't look like being much of a threat, their bowling wasn't great and their batting lacks depth.

Testament to what England have done over the past few years to feel as though that a score just in excess of 300 with four individual 50's was a little bit underwhelming. But gives a good quality bowling lineup of Plunkett, Archer, Woakes, Stokes and Rashid plenty to play with. Struggle to understand how South Africa can leave Miller out of that middle order, surely he's essential.

England looks really good, you can clearly tell it's a special side that they have been building for years now. They really want this WC.

It's going to be an exciting World Cup, I love the '92 feeling it has. I'm eager to see how it all unfolds imagine an England V Australia final to help set up an Ashes for the ages.

Stay tuned!

Well it sounds like the WC is all over.....great performance by Eng in all facets of the game......good to see SA keep up their perennial under achievers WC status.....early days but Eng definitely showcasing their favourite status for this tournament....

Well it sounds like the WC is all over.....great performance by Eng in all facets of the game......good to see SA keep up their perennial under achievers WC status.....early days but Eng definitely showcasing their favourite status for this tournament....

It’s one game mate. Way way way too early. South Africa are rubbish too.

Poms smashed em. I thought SA were a good side? Or England are just that good?

England v Australia would be an Epic final. Would love to knock them off in their own back yard in the final. I don't feel we will win this one though but we should be happy winning four of the last 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poms smashed em. I thought SA were a good side? Or England are just that good?

England v Australia would be an Epic final. Would love to knock them off in their own back yard in the final. I don't feel we will win this one though but we should be happy winning four of the last 5.

South Africa have huge weaknesses in their batting. Rely heavily on Du Plessis especially. No De Villers has hurt massively

jplunkett.jpg

Richmond, Carlton, and now England in Cricket. Good to see Ol Jimmy is a man of all trade's.

It’s one game mate. Way way way too early. South Africa are rubbish too.

Don't tell me mate....tell Graeme Swann that...just listened to him post match on the telly ....agree completely its early days, but you gotta admire all that English optimism ...either spot on or in line for a huge fall....

Don't tell me mate....tell Graeme Swann that...just listened to him post match on the telly ....agree completely its early days, but you gotta admire all that English optimism ...either spot on or in line for a huge fall....

Yeah just saw that myself sorry misread you.

Will be a huge fail and thoroughly looking forward to this.

Yeah cos the best players all over the world went to England at the top of their game . On the other hand Coulter Nile , KawaJa were nt.
NCN isn’t even in our best XI.

The make up of England’s World Cup side is akin to how they put together IPL franchises.

The posturing about the "World XI" is super weird especially when talking about Roy and Stokes who moved there when they were kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back