World Cup Quarter Final 3: South Africa v New Zealand @ Dhaka (Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

We played one good game the whole tourney, against a kiwi team that at the time was reeling from the Christchurch quake.

Pretty fair point I think.

I'm still shocked though. SA usually have the wood on us. Great win but.

Here is the fact--

SA are yet to win a single knock out match in any world cup from 1992. Not even a single one till date :eek:

Oh dear. So many pictures

sp18.jpg

Here is the fact--

SA are yet to win a single knock out match in any world cup from 1992. Not even a single one till date :eek:

Nor had New Zealand until this match - they had lost more knockout matches than South Africa, so one of these two teams was going to finally break that cycle.

South Africa = ROFLMAO

Is this a choke that is bigger than anything else they have ever done? They had a great chance of winning this WC as well, what a disgrace they had this in the bag.

How can you get done like a dinner like that? Tears in SA today once again.

NL McCullum to du Plessis, OUT, South Africa, what are you doing? that famous C-word that makes SA fans bristle is going to be bandied about now, du Plessis works the ball towards midwicket and calls AB through for a sharp single, de Villiers races through and dives but he can't make his ground in time before McCullum whips off the bails, massive moment this, there has been some top fielding today, and McCullum was lightning in taking off the bails

AB de Villiers run out 35 (63m 40b 4x4 0x6) SR: 87.50

This has been one of the great World Cup tournaments, the stadiums are world class, the crowds have been attending, the atmosphere has been unbelievable.

Pakistan v India = WW III, what I would give to be in the ground for that game, imagine the atmosphere there wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh south africa do it again....well done to NZ, excellent bowling and fielding pressure. Loved seeing how pumped they were at the end, could see how much it meant to them

And just like the Football World Cup last year, they progress further in the competition than Australia do AGAIN!

How great is this Do or die phase anyway?

Although one can imagine that if India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka all lose the BCCI will want that frivolous super six/ super eights phase returned

The best format was still 1992, top 9 teams all get to play each other once and then into the semis we go.

Fairest format, every game even from day 1 is vital and very few mismatches.

The 4 teams that made the semi's all played the exact same teams as the ones who missed out.

I reckon the Super 8's is best for the 2nd round, then everyone ends up playing every top team either in rd1 or rd2 and the Minnows get their exposure whilst the SF is decided entirely on how the top nations went against each other

Obviously it would add an extra couple of weeks, but then again it would be easy to cut rd1 quite easily and probably drop the 2 bottom minnows so just left with Zimbabwe, Ireland, Netherlands and Bangladesh

The best format was still 1992, top 9 teams all get to play each other once and then into the semis we go.

Fairest format, every game even from day 1 is vital and very few mismatches.

The 4 teams that made the semi's all played the exact same teams as the ones who missed out.

I think there is a strong chance of this coming back. The ICC will reduce the tournament to 10 teams so this is viable. Would prefer a double chance though (1 v 2 with loser playing winner of 3 v 4).

So really they can either go as above or may do two groups of 5 with a super 6 and semi finals. Quarter finals are just not viable with 10 teams.

Ahhh south africa do it again....well done to NZ, excellent bowling and fielding pressure. Loved seeing how pumped they were at the end, could see how much it meant to them

And just like the Football World Cup last year, they progress further in the competition than Australia do AGAIN!

We both got knocked out in the group stages of the Football WC mate.

Saffers have got to be the greatest sporting chokers in the last 25 years.
South African Cricket vs NZ Rugby would be one for the ages.

I got up, checked the scores after seeing what the Kiwi's made in their innings thinking pretty easy chase here. Made me very very happy to see that result. As someone who both likes the kiwi's and absolutely hates SOuth Africa both good news and hilarious. Love those arrogant choking knobheads out of the tournament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back