WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete farce that Suns v Heights had no umpires. About time clubs made a stand and ask the question why the hell has Div 1 have 3 umpires most games. Give them 2 and give the extra 5 left over 1 from each game to div 3 commo sense
Hey my old friend I would probably disagree here and say that top level footy should have full complement of umpires unless the ground is smaller in size and maybe 2 umpires are sufficient. They attract the best players so should have full complement.

Umpire numbers are a concern but I guess the abuse the cop from idiots in the crowd who get drunk has come back to haunt some clubs. Yes they make mistakes but why yell abuse. Because they know an umpire won’t hit them in return so it’s an easy target for these coward supporters..

Are Cobras points correct? Some of the guys seem too high..

Duffield 5 (came directly from North Footscray - no other clubs during that time?).. should be 3

Taylor 5 (from braybrook should be 4)

Montebruno 3 (didn’t play for 3 years should be 1)

Miller 3 (came directly from North Footscray should be 2)

My understanding is the point for being top 5 in the club bnf has been abolished.

Have I calculated these correctly?

Last edited:
Are Cobras points correct? Some of the guys seem too high..

Duffield 5 (came directly from North Footscray - no other clubs during that time?).. should be 3

Taylor 5 (from braybrook should be 4)

Montebruno 3 (didn’t play for 3 years should be 1)

Miller 3 (came directly from North Footscray should be 2)

My understanding is the point for being top 5 in the club bnf has been abolished.

Have I calculated these correctly?
Duffield was cleared to East Malvern div 1 SFNL in 2020 Montebruno played country football after leaving from North Foofscray

Heard the 2s game was called off at halftime. If true this is the third time in 12 months for the road runner magoos
If I recall correctly wasn’t this the reason why Central Altona were booted years ago? Is it bad enough that the league should/could step in?

If I recall correctly wasn’t this the reason why Central Altona were booted years ago? Is it bad enough that the league should/could step in?

Certainly league intervention is required. Umpire numbers and player numbers are dwindling, I’m sure these incidents are not helping.

How do North Sunshine ever expect to improve with this rubbish happening.

Certainly league intervention is required. Umpire numbers and player numbers are dwindling, I’m sure these incidents are not helping.

How do North Sunshine ever expect to improve with this rubbish happening.
Genuinely a few years back they got into such a mad punch on with our seniors, the game had to be called off. And this is before they "fixed up the past & had a rebuild".

Theyre up shit Creek without a paddle.

Tough day for the brookers, and to make matters worse Butters walking off the ground at 3 quarter time, getting in his car and leaving. Wonder how that will unfold! Will be watching the clearance page very closely

Was at the Albanvale v Lavo today. It’s sounds dumb but got to give a wrap to Lavo. They had 7 players last night confirmed, forfeited the ressys today but rolled up and had a crack. All come back in the rooms for a beer and no spite on the field. Great effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough day for the brookers, and to make matters worse Butters walking off the ground at 3 quarter time, getting in his car and leaving. Wonder how that will unfold! Will be watching the clearance page very closely
That’s complete rubbish, he played out the game.

Hi folks. Went to the Braybrook V Suns game last Saturday and took my camcorder with me.
Managed to catch some great vision.
If you're interested, I've put it on my YouTube channel - click below. Enjoy.

Hi folks. Went to the Braybrook V Suns game last Saturday and took my camcorder with me.

Nicely done

Great stuff. How good was slo mo on the bump. Gee wasn’t much in it but player stayed down for a long time. Good fair play.

Was that the one on the boundary line?
Hello X_box_x and Turbos mail. Thanks for your comments and for watching the video. Yes the bump happened on the boundary right in front of me. I heard the bump and it made a sickening "squishing" noise. I thought to myself "this can't be good". I agree that it doesn't look like much on the video. You'll notice the Sun's player has his elbow raised but doesn't make contact with the elbow. I think it was a good old fashioned shirt-front. No free was payed. The Braybrook player stayed down but recovered to keep playing - what a tough-nut. Finally how's the crowd reaction - they went right off - hilarious. If anyone wants to see what we are talking about it's from the 1:10:30 mark on the YouTube video. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Last edited:
Hello X_box_x. Thanks for your comment and for watching the video. Yes the bump happened on the boundary right in front of me. I heard the bump and it made a sickening "squishing" noise. I thought to myself "this can't be good". I agree that it doesn't look like much on the video. You'll notice the Sun's player has his elbow raised but doesn't make contact with the elbow. I think it was a good old fashioned shirt-front. No free was payed. The Braybrook player stayed down but recovered to keep playing - what a tough-nut. Finally how's the crowd reaction - they went right off - hilarious. If anyone wants to see what we are talking about it's from the 1:10:30 mark on the YouTube video. Gotta luv suburban footy.
That's actually not the one I was thinking of. I left at HT...

There was another one that happened in the second quarter on the far side of the ground. A player got shoved over the boundary line and struck the fence. No free was paid and no teammates remonstrated to fly the flag. It was bizarre but certainly unwarranted that shouldn't have gone practically unnoticed.

That's actually not the one I was thinking of. I left at HT...

There was another one that happened in the second quarter on the far side of the ground. A player got shoved over the boundary line and struck the fence. No free was paid and no teammates remonstrated to fly the flag. It was bizarre but certainly unwarranted that shouldn't have gone practically unnoticed.
I see. I've had a look at the second quarter video and I don't think I captured the scene you described. However here's a couple of second quarter boundary line "shoves" that might be worth a look. One at the 32:20 mark and one at the 34:20 mark. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back