WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd game as coach not a great look for him or club , quarter time score Albanvale 106 vs Laverton 1 point .

2nd game as coach not a great look for him or club , quarter time score Albanvale 106 vs Laverton 1 point .
Cobras the real deal? Scoring 300+ and 100 in a quarter is a huge effort but hard to tell so far and will be interesting this week for Braybrook off a 5 day break against the Suns, should give us a better idea this time next week

Cobras the real deal? Scoring 300+ and 100 in a quarter is a huge effort but hard to tell so far and will be interesting this week for Braybrook off a 5 day break against the Suns, should give us a better idea this time next week

Will be a good game tomorrow but probably an ordinary game on Saturday. Cobras will be fresh and should win easy against Braybrook - 5 day break + Cobras had a very easy game against the magpies + tomorrows game will be physical.

Some interesting clearances pending at the moment - will they come through before tomorrows game?

The league must really hate Braybrook playing on Anzac Day.

Brookers play Suns on Anzac Day and then 5 days later have Cobras away. Very rough IMO - could have easily scheduled Braybrook to play anyone else to ensure an equal playing field.

To rub it in, Suns have a bye this week.

What happened with PCC v Cats?
One of the teenagers playing for the Sharks copped a knee to the head late in the 3rd quarter. I wont go into too many details about the horrific nature of the injuries he suffered out of respect for the young man, but after trying to stabilize him for almost an hour he was taken to hospital by ambulance. The game had been held up for almost an hour as the paramedics and trainers tended to him when the umpires and 2 captains agreed to call off the game early.

Good game yesterday at Robert Bruce reserve. Not much separated both sides all day. The quality of the contest was really good. Really thought it was going to be an ordinary game but watching it the result really could have gone either way in the end.

Braybrook’s midfield won the battle all day but Bobby Saric just turned it on when it counted. The guy can really play.

Whilst there is going to be some lopsided games during the year, I’m pretty sure its going to be a great final series! Not much in it at the top end of the ladder.

Be interesting to see how Heights go against the Cobras this week. First real test under their new coach. Hopefully a great game.

Good game yesterday at Robert Bruce reserve. Not much separated both sides all day. The quality of the contest was really good. Really thought it was going to be an ordinary game but watching it the result really could have gone either way in the end.

Braybrook’s midfield won the battle all day but Bobby Saric just turned it on when it counted. The guy can really play.

Whilst there is going to be some lopsided games during the year, I’m pretty sure its going to be a great final series! Not much in it at the top end of the ladder.

Be interesting to see how Heights go against the Cobras this week. First real test under their new coach. Hopefully a great game.
I watched a different contest to you. Was poor disposal all day and cobras turnovers and mistakes were costly and kept Braybrook in the game.

You also must be related to Saric because Albanvale forwards kicked 6 each and were the difference along with their experienced heads.

I watched a different contest to you. Was poor disposal all day and cobras turnovers and mistakes were costly and kept Braybrook in the game.

You also must be related to Saric because Albanvale forwards kicked 6 each and were the difference along with their experienced heads.
I heard the same, came down to a few key moments in the last quarter, a few big contested grabs in the dying minutes

The forwards were great for both teams. Yes Albanvales were a bit better given they kicked 12.

Where I was coming from was the start of the last quarter Albanvale kicked 2 goals in 2 minutes from Saric clearances. Great delivery. Braybrook tried to close the gap thereafter but in the end the result was a 8 point win to albanvale.

Anyway what I took from the game and it’s just my opinion suns are 6 goals in front of Albanvale.
Will be interesting come finals time with all 3 of the top sides fully fit, finals footy normally has some good weather and the cobras might just be too strong in the air for most defences if they can get it down to them, Suns are a well drilled team oriented squad with lots of depth and Braybrook just never go away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting come finals time with all 3 of the top sides fully fit, finals footy normally has some good weather and the cobras might just be too strong in the air for most defences if they can get it down to them, Suns are a well drilled team oriented squad with lots of depth and Braybrook just never go away

I think that’s a good summation right there. Injuries and covid may unfortunately play a part but hopefully they don’t like you said.

I think Suns are the team to beat right now too. Their ruck & mid combination might just be the slight difference between the three.

Exciting to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Must have been a good game at Heights and Cobras, heard some big injuries any truth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Must have been a good game at Heights and Cobras, heard some big injuries any truth.

What did you hear? Injuries?

Looks like sun heights might be right in the mix, if they are at home against braybrook they might send the Brookers to a 1-3 start.

Well done Lavo, North Sun surely setting themselves to try get that back next time around.

Yes Cobras kicked the last four goals of the game to get up. A few injuries, they finished with one one the bench and a few were out with covid. Sunny Heights looked pretty good. Missed a few sitters which cost them the game. Match played in good spirits.

What did you hear? Injuries?

Looks like sun heights might be right in the mix, if they are at home against braybrook they might send the Brookers to a 1-3 start.

Well done Lavo, North Sun surely setting themselves to try get that back next time around.

Heard Cobras had no bench and Montrose didn’t return early in the second quarter, good win with no bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back