WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know your talking about CD and he did ok again on the week end kicked 2 but delivery was poor.. he is worth every $$ future star of the comp

I agree rock, CD is a future star of the comp and maybe good enough to go to a higher standard, without knowing exactly what he is on I would think that he would be worth every cent of it... He works continuously on field and just keeps presenting and he can sure kick a ball... Was disappointed not to snatch him a couple of years ago he would look great as a falcon lol...
Also interesting to see Gareth go to deer park I would have thought port would have been a good show at snatching him, great bloke and a ripper player to boot... If you want someone to go out to battle with Gareth would be in the top few on my list.
Anyway I will retreat back to my div2 thread now lol and rock my shout at the pub next time I see u there as long as you help me load stuff upstairs lol

Well i guess it must stem from when i said spotty were the best run club and what deer park was doing is not the best way to go about things. Getting players to the club paying well over the odds is something i disagree with.
Look at Marby park only 1 player played in both there div 2 and div 1 premierships, that player is now with deer park, lets see how many if and when deer park win the flag how many would have played in both.
No doubt money needs to be spent i just think spending huge money is not going to be sustainable for any club with out facilities like hoopers or st albans and they are not over the top.
It was nothing personal and after a good convo with terry cooper on the week end i wish football victoria would bring in the points system right across the whole of the state.
Making sure all football clubs survive is the best thing and with some clubs having rich blokes back them for a few years then take off leaves other clubs vulnerable and even the money clubs could fall over when the backer are no longer there.

If this stuff fires up deer park then so be it nothing like a good rivalry!!
I'm pretty sure most other clubs think the same after speaking to a few of them...........

this is true rock, but i think you will find successful clubs like spotty appreciate these sponsors and treat them as business partners - not cash cows.
there is nothing worse than pouring cash into a club and not hearing from them til next year.

Rumour has it the money tree at marby park has run dry....and a few certain recruits from the cats might not be getting paid.....terrible news....just terrible...wonder if they'll play for free?:D:D:D:D

TIPS - Round 3.

Albion v Hoppers - Toss of a coin but Hoppers by 3 points.
Altona v Heights - Vikings by 80 points.
Nth Foots v Deer Park - Deer Park by 27 points.
Spotty v Suns - Kangas by 2 points in the 1st real upset for season.
St Alb v Colts - Colts by 70 points and reckon may get heated. Colts will be working towards Spotty next week at home.

Good Luck to all:D

TIPS - Round 3.

Albion v Hoppers - Toss of a coin but Hoppers by 3 points.
Altona v Heights - Vikings by 80 points.
Nth Foots v Deer Park - Deer Park by 27 points.
Spotty v Suns - Kangas by 2 points in the 1st real upset for season.
St Alb v Colts - Colts by 70 points and reckon may get heated. Colts will be working towards Spotty next week at home.

Good Luck to all:D

youve been smoking something at lunch if you think sunshine will beat spotty.

TIPS - Round 3.

Albion v Hoppers - hoppers by 37 pts

Altona v Heights - Vikings by 97 pts

Nth Foots v Deer Park - Deer Park by 19 pts

Spotty v Sunshine - spotty by 26 pts

St Alb v Colts - Colts by 61 pts

TOTAL=10 OUT 10

So sad it's so early in the season but certainly looks like flag favouritism will be decided on 12th May at McLean reserve.
Any thoughts?:thumbsdown:

So sad it's so early in the season but certainly looks like flag favouritism will be decided on 12th May at McLean reserve.

Spotty are flag favs no doubts about, started the season in awesome style and have won 4 of the last 5, so have the score on the board.
How ever i think altona can seriously challenge them, i also know deer park copped a flogging last week of them but from what i seen and with a number of very good players to come back i think they also can challenge them. I also did hear that the scoreboard last week was not a true reflection of the game. Deer park will keep improving. I also think if colts have a full healthy list they have the fire power and midfield depth to beat any side.
I think the top 5 is set already
spotty
altona
colts
deer park
sunshine

Was at Mclean Reserve all day Saturday to watch U/18s, Reserves and Seniors. The weather was like two completely different days! Warm, clear skies and very little wind and then it suddenly changed at half time in the Reserves to cold and cloudy with a swirling wind!
In all games Sunshine was competitive through to the major break and then Spotswood broke clear for fairly good wins. The kicking inaccuracy of Spotswood in the Seniors probably prevented a third consecutive blowout score though.
Spotswood, Altona and Port Colts deserve to be early favourites, although plenty can happen as it's only round 3. Injuries and suspensions haven't really challenged the depth of these teams just yet.

Footy is a funny sport. The crazy thing is everyone that runs out has 2 legs and 2 arms so on the day you're a chance, crazier things have happen and it is way to early to be making GF predictions.

We have 7-8 new players starting in our side and we're playing terrible so hope there is a bit of improvement. Spotty will be hard to toss, but there the only team that look near on invincible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy is a funny sport. The crazy thing is everyone that runs out has 2 legs and 2 arms so on the day you're a chance, crazier things have happen and it is way to early to be making GF predictions.

We have 7-8 new players starting in our side and we're playing terrible so hope there is a bit of improvement. Spotty will be hard to toss, but there the only team that look near on invincible.

They might have 2 arms and 2 legs, but there is a lot of players out there that don't have a heart, that is what makes the difference.

Could Spotty go through the year undefeated assuming they have no injuries to their gun players?

When was the last Div 1 club to go through and win the premiership being undefeated?

They might have 2 arms and 2 legs, but there is a lot of players out there that don't have a heart, that is what makes the difference.

Could Spotty go through the year undefeated assuming they have no injuries to their gun players?

When was the last Div 1 club to go through and win the premiership being undefeated?

Hey Rogers

Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you , two years ago every-one thought you would pump Albion and we know what happened there.

The thing with Spotty is they are a group that have been together a long time, if you look at there list you know just about all the players and only a few new blokes are new there. Occa has them so well drilled, they're like robots. On Paper I don't know if they are head and shoulders above the rest but certainly structure and basic discipline wise they are. If you're not 120% intense at the contest (ball and man) they will carve you! I don't think heart has anything to do with Spotty or anyother team to be honest.

Hey Rogers

Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you , two years ago every-one thought you would pump Albion and we know what happened there.

Ahead of myself peanut?
All the talk on here is about how good spotty is and can anyone beat them, I've just asked a couple of simple questions.
Could spotty go through undefeated?
And for the curios ones, has a team ever done this before.
I hope spotty doesn't go through undefeated, you will find in two weeks time what will happen to them.
Altona could be the one to go through undefeated.

The thing with Spotty is they are a group that have been together a long time, if you look at there list you know just about all the players and only a few new blokes are new there. Occa has them so well drilled, they're like robots. On Paper I don't know if they are head and shoulders above the rest but certainly structure and basic discipline wise they are. If you're not 120% intense at the contest (ball and man) they will carve you! I don't think heart has anything to do with Spotty or anyother team to be honest.

The thing about heart is applied to all clubs including spotty.
Every team has players, some more than others, that sh.t themselves when going in for a hard ball get. Yet they all still have 2 arms and 2 legs.

speaking of albion......cant wait to see how deer park go against another finals fancy in the cats.......

I don't think anyone thinks Albion will make the finals. Are Deer Park gonna talk up their opponents every week?

I'm not sure about Hoppers. I reckon Sunshine or possibly Albion could replace them. Just depends on injuries and form.

I'm not sure about Hoppers. I reckon Sunshine or possibly Albion could replace them. Just depends on injuries and form.

I have not seen sunshine yet but result thus far would indicate they should be around the 4th or 5th mark i'll have a better look this week, but it should come from hoppers, sunshine and deer park the last two spot, sure everyone agrees colts spotty altona are certain top 3.

I have not seen sunshine yet but result thus far would indicate they should be around the 4th or 5th mark i'll have a better look this week, but it should come from hoppers, sunshine and deer park the last two spot, sure everyone agrees colts spotty altona are certain top 3.

no doubt about the top 3 rock......even though albions lost a few i still believe after playing in the last 2 g'fs they should be around the mark of top 4 or 5 come the end of the home and away.......i recon sunshine could push into top 3......

didnt get down to roberts st on the w/e rock tell me something about the game if you wouldnt mind.......

Altona v St Albans = Altona by 49 pts

Deer Park v Albion = Deer Park by 23 pts

Hoppers v Heights = Hoppers by 60 pts

Port Colts v Spotty = Spotty by 19 pts

Sunshine v Nth Foots = Sunshine by 38 pts

TOTAL -15 OUT OF 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back